All reviews baked eggs no lift metro hotel compact room grand room modern hotel small kitchen great wee hotel third floor ferry terminal central location haggis smoked salmon breakfast room car park stayed for one night comfortable bed
Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

This was a lovely hotel in the centre of Oban. It is a very small hotel but it is furnished very nicely and modern.
The breakfast buffet had some good options, cereals, toast and a breakfast menu focusing on baked eggs and others such as pancakes etc. However not many options for vegans, so I just had toast for my breakfast.
The rooms were nicely furnished with a very comfortable bed and modern bathroom.
Only negative thing is that the walls are VERY thin, and you can hear the noise from the street outside very clearly. Not such a big problem for deep sleepers like me but may be bothersome for others. Overall though, I think it’s a lovely hotel for a short stay :)

Trip type: Travelled with family
Nicola M, Manager at The Ranald Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Dear Rachel, Many thanks for taking the time to review The Ranald Hotel. I am delighted you found it to be a lovely hotel. We appreciate your comments regarding the breakfast and are sorry to find you didn't think there was very many options for vegans. This is something we can look into to try and improve for the future.

I hope you would consider staying with us in the future and maybe we could provide you with another vegan option.

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Check in staff very friendly. Room and bathroom spotless. Yes the rooms are slightly on small side but let’s face it it’s just somewhere to sleep as there is so much to see and do in Oban, therefore you won’t be spending much time in room.
Breakfast was sufficient and plentiful.
Hotel is in a great location.
Would definitely recommend and will definitely be returning.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Nicola M, Manager at The Ranald Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for The Ranald Hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the hotel to be in a great location.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future. Many thanks

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Rooms really small. Shower was good. Noise from the street. But needed to open window for fresh air. Lack of free parking was a surprise. Breakfast mediocre. Porridge was graining. Maybe a microwaved type. Morning staff not enthusiastic!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of The Ranald Hotel. We appreciate all feedback from guests as it helps us to improve day by day. I can only apologise about the noise coming from the street as its out with our control however, its usually quiet. Unfortunately the hotel doesn't advertise any free parking. I will also raise the breakfast concerns with the morning staff. I can again only apologise to you for this.

I hope you would consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent. Good rooms. Well maintained. Breakfast great. Service first rate. Staff lovely and efficient. Would definitely recommend a short stay. Oban is lovely one problem no elevator. Stirs to rooms. Only 17 bedrooms. Still worth it. Very modern. Cheers JB

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for leaving such an excellent review of The Ranald Hotel. I will be sure to pass on the nice feedback to the staff. Unfortunately we don't advertise a lift on our website. We are advertised as a metro hotel and we unfortunately don't have any space to provide a lift.

We hope you will return to stay with us in the future. Many thanks

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The Ranald hotel in Oban is a small, no frills hotel. Clean and comfortable for a short stay. The reception, bar and breakfast/sitting area is altogether and can get very busy and jam packed but friendly staff.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for your review of The Ranald Hotel. We appreciate all feedback from guests as it helps us to improve. The hotel is advertised as a Metro hotel and being small we need to make use of space this is why its altogether.
Its always good to read good comments about our staff.

I hope you would consider staying with us in the future.