“Brilliant tractor driving experience”

Kirkwood Real Farm Holidays
Reviewed 15 October 2017

My husband got me this lovely experience as a surprise, as I had always said that I'd love a go at driving a tractor. We arrived at Kirkwood Farm and we were warmly greeted by Anthony, with offers of a hot drink and a friendly chat about what the tractor driving experience would involve. Everything was set up already and we hopped on the tractor while Anthony patiently explained to me how to operate it. We had a little practice driving the tractor first, and so I felt comfortable with the basics. I was then shown how to use the fork attachment and we first moved a hay bale feeder into position and then manoeuvred a hay bale inside the feeder. This did take quite a few attempts on my part, and Anthony was patient throughout. I then drove the tractor up over the field and parked it at the other side of the farm. All the time, Anthony was happy to answer my farming/tractor related questions and nothing was too much trouble. We even got some freshly laid eggs to take away with us. A great experience and I would thoroughly recommend it!

1  Thank Celeste29