Cathy's B&B
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Dumfries
See available hotels
View Hotel
Abbey Arms Hotel(New Abbey)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 June 2014

This is a traditional Scottish farmhouse and by that I mean on a working farm, so if your into high heels be warned, its a real farm and every bit more welcoming than any corporate hotels around the world I have stayed in. You go down a dirt track to get to it, and due to the road works it is currently signposted with "yellow signs" on the main road to Dumfries. I stayed here with my son (15) after a horrendous night in Annan, and was made to feel most welcome and looked after.

Nothing was too much trouble and Cathy offered us afternoon tea with scrumptious carrot cake, and shortbread to die for! The rooms are adequate and the beds are very comfortable, remember this is not a hotel this is someone's home. If you want a place a way from town then I recommend, I am a country girl and appreciate the peace and quite and you could not ask for more. Oh I forgot to mention Cathy's breakfast is and I quote from my son " delicious"! with excellent homemade jams, black pudding, and products sourced locally, to give the finishing touches. Of course I will be returning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mum m
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed here in 2006 and it was wonderful. The room was cosy and comfortable, the bed well made and so inviting and the breakfast one of the nicest I've ever had while staying in a B n B. Cathy and her husband were so friendly and helpful. They even gave us a map when we didn't have one to explore the local area though we weren't coming back to stay at theirs afterwards. Wonderful. Will definitely come back here one day.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple