“Great food, easy to park, very freindly”

Daksh Indian Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 141 Restaurants in Dumfries
Price range: US$24 - US$40
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our ethos is not only to offer refined and flavoursome Indian cooking with imagination, but to infuse it with organic ingredients where possible. It is a fine dining restaurant, an establishment which offers authentically prepared quality Indian cooking with just a modicum of a twist. We also offer a service which is at once friendly and highly efficient.Our menu showcases the varying cultures, traditions, celebrations and styles of living that give character to Indian cuisine. Our food varies according to its regional location. Flavours and aromas are robust, exciting and truly unique. Fine ingredients, cooking methods and distinct tastes and textures ensure that you experience the true joy of Indian dining.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our first visit but not the last. The menu is very simple and I really like that, no dithering in trying to decide The food is absolutely excellent quality and the service is very friendly. It was a bonus that we could park just outside as we weren't staying in town that night.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a lovely meal. Menu very small but food was very nice. Interesting building. Reasonable prices. Highly recommended

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The naan was one of the best I’ve ever had! The rest of my meal was all really good too, shame I’m not local or I’d be here often!

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

The food here is amazing, lovely quiet restaurant hidden away from the crowds of Dumfries. Plenty to choose from on the menu and freshly cooked to order.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Gave this restaurant a second chance as I thought maybe I was a bit harsh last time. But no it really is not good at all.

I had tandoori chicken. It was not a half chicken, instead it was all the “bits” of chicken you get in the cheap bags.

The chicken was poisoned with star anise. Which isn’t usually obvious in the dish. I had Karachi sauce which was not bad but not outstanding.

The spiced onion and popadom was really good.

Service was pleasant

My husband had lame which he liked but I thought was a bit chewy.

I did say what our concerns about the food were but manager did not come out to see us.

Overall really not acceptable can’t see any professional Indian cook producing the meal we had.

Won’t be back.