“Great staff, great food”
Review of Primo Piano

Primo Piano
Ranked #8 of 145 Restaurants in Dumfries
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Thanks all for a fun and entertaining dinner on such a warm evening . Great restaurant. My husband said the muscles were delicious and the special pizza was huge.

1  Thank Skydog456

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I went for a meal on Friday night, place was packed (it created nice atmosphere to start with, but table of 20 created way too much noise at the end of the meal - got a bit annoying!).
Place doesn’t serve pizzas after 6pm - massive minus for Italian place!!
Menu was average, we has bruschetta (one with mushrooms, one with goats cheese) - both nice.
We had chicken in creamy sauce with parma ham - very tender and moist chicken, but veg that were served on side - way overcooked...
I ordered prawns in garlic - there were ok.
Cheesecake I took for dessert was amazing tho! One of the best desserts I had in a loooong time!

Wait time for drink when we arrived - 10min, not great!

Place is ok, but wont rush to go back!

3  Thank Weronika M
Reviewed 19 April 2018

I love atmosphere but the popularity of Primo means that it attracts large parties on Friday and Saturday nights. The noise level becomes unbearable and it is impossible to talk or be heard.
Good food but not the place to be if you want a good meal and chat with friends.

4  Thank eyespyGlasgow
Reviewed 10 April 2018

Six of us (3 couples) dined on Saturday night, even through there were two very large parties the staff were still able to cope fantastically. Everyone's steak was cooked perfectly, could not ask for better thank you.

1  Thank Dave H
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The decor was lovely and there was a great atmosphere as the restaurant became busy for dinner time. We ate from the 'Prezzo' menu - a great deal with two courses for £10. I was able to get bruschetta and a pizza, both gluten free which was a huge treat as being gluten free can often limit my choice. The staff were very helpful and friendly - I would definitely return!

1  Thank julierose503