Torbay Lodge Guest House
US$107
US$94
US$90
  • Breakfast included
Glenlossie Guest House(Dumfries)(Great Value!)
US$76
Southpark House(Locharbriggs)
US$98
US$83
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$93/night.

US$93
PremierInn.com
Dumfries Villa(Dumfries)
US$88
US$71
All reviewsattic roomleave the cargolfing weekendwarm roomscottish breakfastcomfortable bedson arrivaltwo nightssuzyhospitalkey
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Five of us stayed in three rooms for our annual golfing weekend and it is just like returning home, and Derek and Suzy are just like family!

As usual the bedrooms are spotless, with folded towels and a welcoming chocolate. Breakfast time can be varied to suit and there is a wide choice of hot and cold food available, freshly prepared.

Having an on-site car park is really useful, as it means you can leave the car and stroll up the road into town. We often stay out really late, but all guests have a front door key and they do not mind what time we come back.

Everything about the Torbay Lodge suits us down to the ground, and we would never consider staying anywhere else in Dumfries.

Room Tip: The three front rooms overlook the church and gardens and provide a nice outlook.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

I had two nights stay in this lovely and very friendly B.B. My husband was admitted to Dumfries hospital and we stay in Irvine Ayrshire so easier for visiting . I stayed in the attic room loved it huge room big bathroom loads of room. The breakfast was lovely and the owners could not have done enough for me and was always enquiring how my husband was doing. I highly recommend this B.B.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

I needed a room near Carlisle and my regular B&B was full so for a change I looked at Dumfries. I found the Torbay Lodge Guest House with my laterooms app and booked a room. I arrived and found parking in the front of the house and I went and knocked the door. Derek answered and let me in and once we had sorted my room we chatted about cars for 10 minutes. As I drive lots he wanted my opinion which I freely gave. I went up to my clean and cosy room and once I freshened up I went into Dumfries town in search of food. I found refreshments in The Robert Bruce, Dumfries Wetherspoons. After food and a beer I strolled back to The Torbay Lodge Guest House and went up to my room. I was tired after my long day so I climbed in the comfy bed and went out like a light. In the morning I found the shower in the bathroom next door and I soon woke up ready to face the day. Derek had told me on arrival that breakfast was 7.45 or so and I had decided to leave earlier because I was on my way to Truro and I had a long drive ahead. I left a note with some cash for Derek and I left as quiet as I could. The Torbay Lodge Guest House is a lovely friendly place to stay within walking distance of the town. I do like breakfasts and it's unlike me to leave earlier but sometimes I have to. If I find myself in Dumfries again I'll give Derek a call and next time I'll stay for a Scottish breakfast.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Kevin L
Reviewed 18 November 2016

I stayed at Torbay lodge for a week for work in November 2016. I was very impressed. The owners Derek and Suzy could not do more to help, would provide anything that was achievable and were absolutely lovely.
The place is spotless.
The sheets smell fresh and my bed was very comfortable.
When i am away i want a place that is as welcoming as home. This is that place.
There is conversation when you want it and any help or interaction that you would want or need instantly.
I travel a lot with work. For those of us who hate to engage, this place is perfect. The only engagement is what you want.
The owners here know that and blend with you. I went from having my bags carried upstairs on more than one occasion to no contact which was exactly what i wanted.
In my experience, it is a rare balance to work out that distinction.
The next time i am in Dumfries i will be staying here and you should to.
For the grumps on trip advisor - this place is super clean, warm and comfortable, it has everything that you need for a comfortable night.
Do not stay here if you want a five star hotel. This place is a home from a normal home.
Derek and Suzy strive to achieve that and they do. Do not mark them down for your unrealistic expectations of what they do.
This is a perfect example of a nice home from home for ordinary people.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2016

Stayed for two nights while fishing the Nith , Derek and Suzy provide a very warm welcome to what is an excellent guest house , clean and well appointed ,off road parking and a great location. Short walk to a town center with everything you could need ,and plenty of places to eat and drink . The added bonus is price , half of what I pay in the lake District and better Quality.

Room Tip: En suite rooms are Excellent
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends