US$77
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

US$109
Cathy's B&B(Dumfries)
US$105
  • Breakfast included
Orbitz.com
All reviewsattic roomleave the cargolfing weekendwarm roomscottish breakfastcomfortable bedson arrivaltwo nightssuzyhospitalkey
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

My husband, 1 year old daughter and I stayed 1 night at Torbay Lodge whilst in Dumfries for a friends wedding. The room was very clean and cosy with good amenities. We checked into our room at 12pm giving us plenty of time to get ready. The breakfast was fantastic with lots of hot and cold options. Suzy and Derek were very friendly and couldn't have done more to accommodate us. We would definitely stay again and would recommend to family and friends.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2017

My husband and I went for overnight stay.The guest house was situated in quiet location it was within good distance of shops,cafes,restaurants pubs .The guest house was clean ,breakfast was good and the owners made us very welcome. We can highly recommend it.

Stayed: July 2017
Reviewed 26 June 2017

Five of us stayed in three rooms for our annual golfing weekend and it is just like returning home, and Derek and Suzy are just like family!

As usual the bedrooms are spotless, with folded towels and a welcoming chocolate. Breakfast time can be varied to suit and there is a wide choice of hot and cold food available, freshly prepared.

Having an on-site car park is really useful, as it means you can leave the car and stroll up the road into town. We often stay out really late, but all guests have a front door key and they do not mind what time we come back.

Everything about the Torbay Lodge suits us down to the ground, and we would never consider staying anywhere else in Dumfries.

Room Tip: The three front rooms overlook the church and gardens and provide a nice outlook.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

I had two nights stay in this lovely and very friendly B.B. My husband was admitted to Dumfries hospital and we stay in Irvine Ayrshire so easier for visiting . I stayed in the attic room loved it huge room big bathroom loads of room. The breakfast was lovely and the owners could not have done enough for me and was always enquiring how my husband was doing. I highly recommend this B.B.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

I needed a room near Carlisle and my regular B&B was full so for a change I looked at Dumfries. I found the Torbay Lodge Guest House with my laterooms app and booked a room. I arrived and found parking in the front of the house and I went and knocked the door. Derek answered and let me in and once we had sorted my room we chatted about cars for 10 minutes. As I drive lots he wanted my opinion which I freely gave. I went up to my clean and cosy room and once I freshened up I went into Dumfries town in search of food. I found refreshments in The Robert Bruce, Dumfries Wetherspoons. After food and a beer I strolled back to The Torbay Lodge Guest House and went up to my room. I was tired after my long day so I climbed in the comfy bed and went out like a light. In the morning I found the shower in the bathroom next door and I soon woke up ready to face the day. Derek had told me on arrival that breakfast was 7.45 or so and I had decided to leave earlier because I was on my way to Truro and I had a long drive ahead. I left a note with some cash for Derek and I left as quiet as I could. The Torbay Lodge Guest House is a lovely friendly place to stay within walking distance of the town. I do like breakfasts and it's unlike me to leave earlier but sometimes I have to. If I find myself in Dumfries again I'll give Derek a call and next time I'll stay for a Scottish breakfast.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business