Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$104
US$96
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$120/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$125
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewslime tree restaurantcul de sacthree course mealwonderful foodmemory foam bedhotel is spotlessly cleanhalfway stopa quiet residential areagood food guideshower cubiclewine listcar rallygreat britainquality productstown centreattentive hostsdinner bed and breakfast
Reviewed 7 September 2017

My parents have been staying at Hartfell House and eating at the Limetree restaraunt for many years and decided to spend their golden wedding anniversary there. So, my brother, his partner, my wife and I all stayed to celebrate with our parents. My wife and I arrived two hours before checking in time to decorate my parents room and dining table. The owner could not have been more helpful and allowed us to check in early. Our room was spotlessly clean, a good size, with a high ceiling. Excellent shower and a comfortable memory foam bed. Quality complementary toiletries available in the bathroom. Our room (number 6) had a great view.
The meal was superb. Service was good and friendly. Excellent wine and coffee. I have an intolerance to sunflower seeds and the owners could not have been more accommodating. The breakfast was equally as good, using quality products throughout.
Everyone in our party thoroughly enjoyed their stay and my parents had a golden wedding anniversary to remember. Thanks to everyone at Hartfell House and the Limetree restaurant.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heppy88
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

If you find yourself within striking distance of this restaurant, somewhat isolated in a not particularly touristy part of Scotland, then make the effort to book a table and go. We were 90mins drive away, but would have happily driven much further to sample its marvellous food. The host was friendly, helpful and completely unpretentious, Michelin star or no! Good craft gins for a G&T while perusing the menu; a decent wine list and the most wonderful food imaginable!
If you are in the area, don't miss it!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2017 via mobile

We were welcomed by a lady directed us to our rooms, both of which were of generous proportions, we mentioned eating in the restaurant and were informed that she needed to now by 18.00, so we decided to eat out, our ensuite bath room in room 2 was quite small as was the shower cubicle, as I went to put my shower gel on the soap tray, the tray fell off and I had to get out of the shower to pick up my shower gel!, but we had a great nights sleep and the breakfast was very good, in can recommend the Black Bull inn that's if you like gastro pies!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2017

The hotel and restaurant are in a quiet backwater of a quiet backwater. The house is a traditional stone built 'villa' of character and it is run by the owners. Rob is an ideal host who gives his attention to his guests and serves at table with a high degree of professionalism gained in top London establishments. His wife does breakfasts and both of them are efficient and skillful. The rooms are nice but average being in an old building. The views are nice and the whole house, with it's guest lounge overlooking lovely countryside. The hotel is situated in an ordinary residential cul-de-sac and it is peaceful and tranquil. The restaurant is really top notch in terms of service and food. Worth a visit even if you are not a resident! We loved it!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

When I was planning my cycle route from lands end to John o groats I had to select 9 hotels en route with location being of more importance than the quality of the hotel.
What a joy it was then that I accidentally selected such a fantastic location to spend the evening in Moffat.
The hotel is nice with traditional period features, warm clean rooms and fantastic food in the restaurant.
What sealed the 5 star review for me was the attentive hosts Robert and Maz (both keen cyclists). They made us feel extremely welcome whilst also providing a top quality experience for us without neglecting their other guests.
The next day we had extra strength in our legs for another 120 miles of cycling.
I will definitely be back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends