All reviews detox retreat lively conversation a real home from home barrie scotland scots
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I spent three nights here on a business trip and am determined to return on a holiday. It's a lovely country house set in 8 acres of gorgeous countryside with wonderful views from my room. The room was huge (as was my bathroom!) and comfortably furnished.
An excellent traditional breakfast (with a choice of continental breakfast too).
The hosts, Olwyn and Barrie couldn't have done more to make my stay enjoyable. They are so informed about the history of the house and the city beyond and are pleased to share it with the guests.
As well as the lovely countryside, Dundee is a short drive away and is an interesting city with a great heritage and some thriving modern attractions. The V & A is about to open there in a stunning new building.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
tayvalley, Owner at Duntrune House, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Thank you for a lovely review. We enjoyed having you as our guest and hope you had a comfortable train journey back home. Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

When I discovered the Detox/Wellness package offered at Duntrune house I was most pleased as there is no where nearby (Dundee) that offers anything like this. The package included accomadtion, treatments and a juice/healthy eating plan. I had such a relaxing time at Duntrune house and felt well looked after thanks to the kindness of Olwyn and Barrie. They are very nice and interesting to talk to. I had delicious juices and healthy food with fresh ingredients and a room with a wonderful view.
Alison and Carolyn from the Retreat were very welcoming at the salon and I enjoyed and benefitted from all the treatments. Alison is very knowledgable and up to date about nutrition and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. She is enthusiastic on the topic and I felt inspired and enabled to continue healthier eating at home. She gives advice on food to eat based on your personal needs. On the last day I had a yoga class with Delia who again gave personalised advice and was very nice and professional.
I went to Duntrune House feeling a little bit frazzled and left feeling relaxed and energised.
Thank you for the exceptional hospitality!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
tayvalley, Owner at Duntrune House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

I'm so glad you felt real benefits from your stay and treatments at our retreat. Keep up the good work and remember we are here whenever you need support.Thank you for this detailed review. It is much appreciated.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

We stayed here for a weekend-which was not long enough ! Set in glorious countryside overlooking the beautiful Tay valley-only a couple of miles from Dundee. The house is amazing and full of character dating back a couple of hundred years. Lovingly restored by its wonderful owners who were very knowledgeable about the local history.The rooms were clean and comfortable with great views.Olwyn and Barrie were wonderful hosts-very helpful and attentive to all our needs. Barrie makes the most wonderful porridge-sadly I am unable to replicate this. No matter-We will definite be visiting again and spend longer there.

Room Tip: The Duncan room WiFi sometimes was not easily available.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
tayvalley, Owner at Duntrune House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

What a lovely review and much appreciated. We enjoyed having you and look forward to seeing you both again. Barrie says thank you for mentioning his porridge making skills! Hope you had a good journey home. Our daffodils are now in full bloom and the rhododendrons are peeping through enjoying the sunny weather. Spring may have sprung but it looks as though summer is catching up.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

We stayed at Duntrune House over a weekend for a wedding. What an amazing place - inside, it is a bit like a scaled down castle. Olwyn and Barrie have lovingly restored and maintained the house so well that it feels as if it has not changed since the 1930s or so (in a good way of course!) The place is steeped in history, and is in a lovely setting surrounded by lush green gardens and has expansive views across to Dundee. The main lobby and staircase is something to behold! Barrie and Olwyn are friendly and excellent hosts, and made us feel very comfortable for the duration of our 2 night stay.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
tayvalley, Owner at Duntrune House, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Thanks Matt. It was lovely to meet you. Glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you back some day. No need to have a wedding as an excuse to come!

Reviewed 29 October 2017

I undertook a five-day juice cleanse in my own home several years ago, and I promised myself that, if I wanted to renew the experience, I would book a retreat because I didn't really enjoy it (got depressed and resented having to do the juicing myself after the first day). At Duntrune, I was met with so much warmth and support that, although I detoxified in a powerful way thanks to the treatments received at the experienced hands of Alison and Carolyn, I was contaminated by Olwyn and Barrie's upbeatness and simply loved the experience! I felt really pampered by everybody involved. The stay included fun activities such as private yoga and belly dancing lessons, as well as a facial, massages and ear coning. Besides, the mansion house is simply stunning, and I took several walks around the property. For all these reasons, I give my highest recommendation to this retreat.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Barrie J, Owner at Duntrune House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

So glad you enjoyed our retreat programme and hope you continue to benefit from it. It was a pleasure meeting you and we hope to welcome the whole family to a relaxing break at our B&B in the not too distant future.