“Good food worth paying a little more for”

Blowmore music and more
Ranked #27 of 105 Restaurants in Kilmarnock
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Coffee and music shop
Reviewed 2 October 2016 via mobile

I use this cafe as a treat when not taking my lunch to work. Sandwiches are tasty and filling and the soup is lovely. I don't often have the cakes but they have been pretty good when I have indulged. The staff are always friendly and polite and it's always good to support local independent businesses. You may pay a little more than other cafes but I think it is worth it.

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

Been here 4 or 5 times over the last 6 months during visits to Kilmarnock. Staff are very friendly. Variety of food for lunch is very good and choice of soups frequently change with unusual but lovely flavours- such as today's curried green lentil or beetroot with coconut and lime - which my brother and I respectively sampled. Both very nice. Haven't yet sampled cakes but they look delicious and extend to a range of gluten free options. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 11 September 2016

we used to visit this cafe on a regular basis, cakes and scones lovely as is their freshly made soups. My only gripe is the prices, for a quick lunch for 2 it's a bit out of budget for a regular visit. However service and quality always up to scratch and greeted with a warm welcome on every visit

Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

The Wife and I, popped in for a spot off lunch and were not disappointed! We both had soup and a sandwich(well a wrap and a melt) accompanied by a lovely hot chocolate. I had Thai green chicken and coconut curry soup which was to die for with a balmoral melt, Chicken, Haggis, Cheese and Peppercorn sauce which have to say is possibly my new favourite thing. My wife had the same soup and a Chicken Mayo wrap which see describes as gorgeous. Both were made fresh as we chatted with the staff. I'm not a salad person but the wife is and she made particular comment on the homemade coleslaw which had apple in it giving it a little something different. I had the Nutella hot chocolate which also is to die for.
All in all this is a great Wee place well worth a visit with some nice Wee nik-naky things for sale including some lovely chocolate bars. Staff are absolutely wonderful and happy to help making you feel very welcome from the minute you walk in the door. *****

Reviewed 12 August 2016

been here a few times not very big but very big on service and quality of food. staff very good and helpful will recommend to friends