“My Happy Place!”
Review of CocoLatte

CocoLatte
Ranked #1,223 of 2,777 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Description: CocoLatte is a family run café serving the southside of Edinburgh. Our goal is to provide customers with the best service possible in a warm, comfortable and friendly environment. We have a generous selection of breakfasts, lunches, soups, snacks and treats, as well as shakes and smoothies. We pride ourselves in using fresh, quality ingredients from local suppliers. Everything in CocoLatte is freshly made, so whether you are looking for avocado, chilli flakes and poached eggs on toast or fluffy style American pancakes with maple syrup and bacon, why not pop in and try some of the delicious food we have here on the menu? We serve a unique blend of coffee, hand picked and roasted exclusively for us, so that we can offer you the best coffee possible. We also have fast free wi-fi for those who can’t drag themselves away from their devices. We look forward to welcoming you and then welcoming you back again. We want you and your friends to become part of the family!
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

I and my family and friends are regulars here for breakfast, brunch and lunch. Can't fault Cocolatte for food,friendliness and price. All staff are attentive and personable. Soups and scones perfect. Breakfast choice is great and even have my favourite teapots!

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We went in for breakfast this morning 28/6/2018 because it looked nice big mistake we both had coffee which was just like drinking warm milk would have to be one of the worst coffees we have had so far traveling around . We were the only 2 people in and she mixed up the order . We ordered poached eggs on toast and poached eggs on toast with beans plus one serving of porridge. The girl who took the order must not have heard correctly only one lot of eggs came out with the porridge.We couldn’t be borthered to say anything so we left , leaving half my coffee revolting. Would not recommend cocolatte .

Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

Was visiting Edinburgh for the day and chose CocoLatte based on location and reviews. Went in around 10.10am there were another couple seated leaving plenty free tables. Sat for nearly ten minutes in which time I made eye contact with two of the staff who quite frankly were happier chatting amongst themselves. Not one of them acknowledged me or cane near me and I’m 6ft 4 and 15 stone so difficult to miss!!
Picked up my stuff and left to enjoy a wonderful breakfast and happy, attentive service elsewhere

pete_higgins, Owner at CocoLatte, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we have to hold our hands up and apologise. We are not able to offer table service for taking orders, which we explain in our menus on the table. If someone comes in and sits down, normally one of the staff serving will ask the customer to come up to the counter once they have decided what they would like. I have spoken to both staff this morning and both thought the other had explained to you about ordering up at the counter.

This was a genuine mistake, and we have taken steps to try and ensure this does not happen again. We do take pride in the quality of our food and service, but we got it wrong today. I apologise.

If you are still in Edinburgh tomorrow, please pop back in and see what our food service should be.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Comfortable, clean, fresh atmosphere. Lovely food, great tray bakes and scones.
Strong brew of tea....
Staff welcoming, and engaging.....look happy to be there.
Beautiful, pristine, spacious toilet.

pete_higgins, Owner at CocoLatte, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Hi Rosie,
Thank you very much for your kind review. We take great pride in what we do here at CocoLatte and the team are delighted to get such feedback. It really makes it all worthwhile. We hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Just visited this cafe with my son, it was raining out and him being Autistic the rain is a sensory issue. How pleased am I we went into Cocolatte!It was spotlessly clean which I am always looking for when eating out. Lovely coffee,even nicer food and the cake was delicious! .I know we will definitely be back .

pete_higgins, Owner at CocoLatte, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2018

Thank you for your kind review, it is very much appreciated. I am glad we were able to provide some solace for your son and our team are delighted that you appreciated the effort that goes into providing quality food and drink in a clean and tidy environment.

We look forward to welcoming you and your son back again