Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,787 results
All reviews the secret garden old rectory inner sanctum turret suite breakfast hamper restaurant with rooms royal mile bottle of champagne four poster bed roll top bath visiting edinburgh gothic castle theatrical luxury scotland
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 July 2021

I visited with a friend for dinner on 1st July and whilst the food was stunning, the wine was perfect and the table service excellent our evening was spoilt but the Maitre D. Our table was booked for 7.30pm, we arrived at 7.28pm no polite greeting and when our name was taken and we were told to take a seat in a pokey seating area and told they would need to check with the manager if our table was ready. Whilst sat there no one made any conversation with us, we were the only guests sat there. Two other tables arrived while we were left there, a table of 2 and table of 4 and were seated immediately. We were told our table has been moved, we were seated some 10 minutes later in a dark corner under the stairs, no view of the restaurant, no interaction with the Maitre D as he seated us and none at all through the evening although he seemed happy to speak to others. We felt really uncomfortable and definitely unwelcome. Some serious consideration will need to be made by me as to whether I would return.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Anita H
Reviewed 2 July 2021

We visited here a couple of nights ago and there was a woodlouse in my main meal. What an absolutely disgusting thing to happen to you when dining in a restaurant - especially with the prices being what they are! We received nothing as an apology and even though my food was replaced we were already put off our food. We were refunded for our main meals but only after formally complaining. Completely shocked that we didn't recieve a refund for the whole evening to be honest. It is a very expensive restaurant and the staff didn't exactly seem apologetic in any way about it. Horrendous evening. I have told a couple of people already about our experience here and they are absolutely gobsmacked that this would even happen and that we had to pay for the meal after it was completely ruined. Will not be returning and will be sure to let people know what kind of evening to expect if they visit here. If I could give 0 stars on here I would.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 92gold
Reviewed 28 June 2021 via mobile

Beautiful food! Wonderful atmosphere! The waiting staff were so helpful especially Phillips, who made our dinner a superb experience.
The food was delicious, I had the Shellfish Bisque and The Parmesan Tart with mushroom bolognaise, each mouthful was a joy.

Room tip: Book in advance
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2021 via mobile

Came here as I saw this on looking for places to eat out while in Edinburgh. 2 adults 2 10 yr old girls... firstly we had explored the city from early in the morning on a Monday, we had climbed arthurs seat and been around the city twice so when we landed at 4.30 we where all very ready for food and drink! As walking into the restaurant we where greeted by a gentleman who very clearly looked me up and down.. yes we where in trainers and walking gear maybe not smart enough was the first thing that sprung into mind!? Anyhow the greeting was brief and what I'd describe as abrupt, no how are you how is your day? We felt uncomfortable from all staff in all honesty! The food was to be honest utter rubbish! I think as we where under dressed and had children with us we maybe looked a little like we belonged more McDonalds sort of dining. This is trying to be posh gruel to put it bluntly! I have eaten in some fantastic fine dining Michelin star restaurants and love great food and I can honestly say the arogantness of the staff when complaining was also shocking they clearly feel they are fine dining ! All these guys where good at was being rude! and wish I'd never given them the money I had! Asked if we wanted table water we said yes... this was almost £5 we presumed this was a gesture but no on the bill... the girls where asked if they wanted bread and butter just to put them on ... this almost again totalled £5 on bill things like this usually complimentary. We refused to pay for some things ! Just dont go! It's a tourist trap hell hole ! McDonalds would have been a blessing and that's saying somthing !

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank alyac2021
Reviewed 12 June 2021 via mobile

Expensive, lovely decor but they forgot a starter , charged for bread , got the wine order wrong ! The waiter couldn’t give any details of the menu ! We ordered double expresso coffees and only singles served , living on their reputation without earning it , service charge added regardless . We did enjoy our meal but …..

Room tip: Worth a visit but it’s expensive and for the money there are better restaurants in Edinburgh
Date of stay: May 2021