Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
5,671 results
All reviews train station royal mile great location old town princes street calton hill central location buffet breakfast would stay again yogurt castle pubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2021 via mobile

Room not ready to check in but did store cases. beds so had to use stairs to 5th floor, room too hot to sleep. Woken early every morning to workman drilling and banging with no prior warning from hotel that renovations were happening. Room faced yard full of old toilets, windows, mattresses, skips and staff smoking. Breakfast was disgusting with a choice of fatty bacon or greasy sausage bap. On check out I left my electric toothbrush in the bathroom, contacted hotel to be told nothing found in room. Nice decor tho and good location shame about the rest…..would never use again!!!

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Arkadiusz Teterycz, Other at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2021

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Jurys Inn Edinburgh . I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

We have checked with our Head Housekeeper and room attendant and unfortunately nothing was found in the room.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

Reviewed 6 August 2021

Everything from start to finish was excellent couldn’t fault anything The staff was absolutely lovely & couldn’t do any more for you. The rooms were beautiful couldn’t believe the difference from the last couple of stays. The location of the hotel is first class. If you come out of the hotel one way you are on the royal mile & if you go the other way you are at Waverley station.

Date of stay: August 2021
Arkadiusz Teterycz, Other at Jurys Inn Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2021

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

Reviewed 6 August 2021 via mobile

Excellent location I’ve stayed here previously & it was a good hotel
However due to current restrictions I was disappointed with breakfast arrangements, the room was too hot , noisy & is in need of a refurbishment Looks tired, dull
Staff were affable

Room tip: Earplugs to cut down the noise depending where you’re room is located Until restrictions are lifted be prepared to pop out for breakfast
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at Jurys Inn Edinburgh.

I am very sorry to see that the standards of our room did not meet your expectations. Hotel is undergoing a full refurbishment which will lift this to one of the freshest hotel products in the city.

Reviewed 28 July 2021 via mobile

Under renovation
Firstly, this hotel is under renovation, surely this should be advertised when booking?
The noise on the 2nd floor was unbearable, skips being delivered early morning, constant banging and smashing, not to mention the constant buzz of some sort of extractor all night. The windows don’t open much and the heat in the rooms was stifling. No air con!
The un-renovated bathrooms and rooms are grim, missing pictures, dirty bathrooms and carpets, not even a mini fridge to keep a cold drink in. Clean bedding yes, beds are firm and pillows are firm.
The staff were really nice and accommodating. I requested a room change. See what happens, hopefully an improvement.
Good points-close to the station and royal mile.
Bad points-unclean, very noisy and very miserable grim rooms (the old ones) very hot rooms. Old tatty bathrooms. Perhaps this will be different once the work is completed.
Didn’t use the bar or restaurant, everything is upside down with renovation and Covid means you don’t get your room cleaned-towels can be requested.

Room tip: There is no parking here. This can be a noisy hotel due to being near station
Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Jurys Inn Edinburgh. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Jurys, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 24 July 2021 via mobile

This hotel is currently going through renovations and should NOT be open to customers.

The hotel is a building site, and absolutely filthy. The elevator had no roof and the carpets were full of dust etc.

We checked into our room on floor 6 and the temperature was boiling. Not helped by the current heatwave Edinburgh was experiencing, but I suspect the temperature would have been unbearable even without this.

We quickly found out that there was no air conditioning, I went down to reception to see if there were any cooler rooms available. I was told that they were unable to change our rooms and also had no fans left as they had already given them all to other customers. The only option they had was to move us to one of their partner hotels (location of both of these was not good value for the money we had paid for this room)

Luckily the hotel reception did say they would refund me the full money. So we took the refund and checked out (only a couple of hours after arriving). Unfortunately this meant we then had to fuss with changing hotels and missed our first evening reservation and wasted time in our weekend break

We moved to the premier inn on rose street and had a fantastic stay, bigger rooms, great location and most importantly - clean!!!

Jurys inn should not be open whilst these renovations are ongoing. Or at the very least they should be clear that there are renovations and discount the room price as a compromise.

Date of stay: June 2021