US$179
  • Pool
US$152
  • Breakfast included
US$190
Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$148
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$171/night.

Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$183
Priceline
US$184
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
2,136 results
All reviewscity centreleith docksocean terminalmini barsuperior roomcontinental breakfastan upgradethe royal yacht britanniabars and restaurantslovely hotelclub roomhotel is situatedan overnight staya lovely staystayed for one nightcomfy bedlovely room
Reviewed 23 February 2016

Decided to do a gastro tour of Leith, and since we had been here for lunch in the summer, thought we would stay here. Great choice as it turned out. Staff all very efficient and helpful. Room was great - only couple of criticisms were that the lighting made it a bit tricky to read in bed, and the lift we used seemed to take for ever. Good value for money, hopefully will be back

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Stewart C, General Manager at Malmaison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

Dear gordon f

Thank you fore taking the time to write this great review of Malmaison Edinburgh.

I am pleased to read that you really enjoyed your recent stay with us in particular your room and also the service from my efficient and helpful staff. If you did not know, there are some very exciting changes happening here at Malmaison Edinburgh in the coming months. So far this year we have fully refurbished all our ground floor areas and have launched Chez Mal, our new and very exciting bar and brasserie, which have already received hugely positive feedback from our guests. We are also currently upgrading all 100 bedrooms with a stunning new look, which I am sure you'll love too.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon, so you can see our fab new hotel for yourself on your next visit.

Reviewed 22 February 2016

Stayed here in October 2015, it was a last minute night away and i hadn't visited the Leith area before.

Check in was great with good service at reception. On our way to our room you can then begin to notice the scuffed walls, torn,dirty carpet and dark decor which could if it was shiny and new look great but it just made it look like some dingy club.

Room was nice, comfortable bed, nice bathroom and decor much better than the hall way. Plenty of complimentary tea and coffee and few nice biscuits. After a few drinks in Leith we raided the payable crisps and snacks in the room. Very expensive (why do hotels rip it like that?) and OUT OF DATE !!

Check out was at 12, we made the reception staff aware of the crisps being out of date and we weren't charged for these and an apology was made.

Overall; it was okay but in desperate need of some updating and i wouldn't stay again

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jengajedi

Dear jengajedi

Thank you fore taking the time to write this review of Malmaison Edinburgh.

I am sad to read that there some aspects of your stay that were less thank perfect. You may be pleased to hear that there are some very exciting changes happening here at Malmaison Edinburgh in the coming months. So far this year we have fully refurbished all our ground floor areas and have launched Chez Mal, our new and very exciting bar and brasserie, which have already received hugely positive feedback from our guests. We are also currently upgrading all 100 bedrooms with a stunning new look, which I am sure you'll love too. Please accept my personal apologies that your stay last October did not meet your expectations and also my thanks for bringing the matters to my attention.

I truly hope that you do give us another chance and choose to stay with us again in the future and I am certain your next stay will be much more memorable for all the right reasons.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

The location of the hotel, the actual building and the room itself were all super. The reception staff were rather brusque and were mainly interested in upselling. The bar staff were equally irritating and the bar itself didn't really blend with the rest of the property.
While the room was a really good size and well furnished we were very surprised that there was not a safe in the room - very unusual for a hotel of this calibre. The lack of a shaving mirror and the fact that there were only wine glasses in the room - no water tumblers was annoying and again not what I'd expect.

Room Tip: The standard room was a very good size with an ok outlook
Reviewed 21 February 2016

My Husband and I recently decided to stay at the Edinburgh Malmasion for 3 nights as a bit of a mini moon. We had previously stayed in the Glasgow Malmasion and had be impressed with the standard of the Basic room however as we were going to Edinburgh as a bit of a special occasion we opted to upgrade to one of the Superior rooms. Check in went smoothly and the member of staff we dealt with was polite and friendly. We went up to our room and initially were quite happy with the size and overall cleanliness of the room. The Hotel is situated on a lovely little street with a number of restaurants and bars within a very short walk which was also an added bonus. We opted to eat outside of the hotel for the 3 nights that we stayed due to finding that there was a greater choice of menu at a more competitive price just a short walk down the street. On returning to our room on the first night both my Husband and myself were surprised to find that the bed was actually incredibly hard (this was a big difference from what we experienced in the Glasgow Hotel) however we decided that as we were settled in our room this was not something worth complaining about at the time. The following morning we also discovered that the shower in our room was pretty poor - the water was warm however the water pressure was quite low unless the shower head was turned round to the central jet setting. Again, given that this was supposed to be a superior room we felt that this was rather poor. Our room rate included breakfast which was generally quite good - again staff were polite and friendly and food quality was good (there was a slight mix up on our last morning in regards to another table getting our order by accident however this was rectified fairly quickly). However, the biggest complaint that we had to make was down to the fact that there were decorators working on our floor during our stay - this was not something that had been mentioned to us at check in and whilst we can understand that redecoration is something that does need to take place from time to time we both felt it was poor that this was not mentioned to us (our corridor had various paint pots and work men in it a fair amount of the time we were there) On our last day at the hotel, my Husband and I were woken up before 8am with the sound of 2 workmen setting up their painting stuff for the day and chatting to each other fairly loudly. We had to walk between two guys painting the walls on either side of the corridor to get down to breakfast and worse still had to duck in under one of the guys who was painting above our bedroom door on our return from Breakfast. I'm afraid when paying for a Superior room in a hotel who promises a special stay this is not something which either myself or my husband felt was particularly appropriate or acceptable - If the smell of paint wasn't bad enough the risk of ending up covered in paint trying to get down the corridor with our luggage in between two wet walls certainly wasn't particularly appealing. I should add that at Check out we did pass on our complaints to the member of staff on reception who did offer to try and find a duty manager for us to talk to however at that time we both just felt that we wanted to leave and head home so did not wait to speak to someone. Overall I would say that the location of the Hotel was it's biggest selling point however in general what we had hoped would be a special stay was largely incredibly average and underwhelming.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 329 - decent sized room but it was an underwhelming bathroom
1  Thank Kat S
Reviewed 20 February 2016

Good location close to bus routes into Edinburgh city centre, Only issue we had was our room wasn't ready to check into at 15:45 when the check in time is at 15:00 however we were provided with a free drink in the bar to compensate which was nice,the lift could do with replacing aswell. Other than this everything was top notch !

Room Tip: Ask for the 4th floor very quiet

Dear Eddy H

I am pleased to read that you really enjoyed your recent stay and that everything was 'top notch.'. If you did not know, there are some very exciting changes happening here at Malmaison Edinburgh in the coming months. So far this year we have fully refurbished all our ground floor areas and have launched Chez Mal, our new and very exciting bar and brasserie, which have already received hugely positive feedback from our guests. We are also currently upgrading all 100 bedrooms with a stunning new look, which I am sure you'll love too.