Four of us busy ladies saved and booked a spa overnight at Norton House Hotel through Spabreaks. There did seem to be lack of communication between the hotel and Spabreaks but nothing that wasn't dealt with professionally. When we arrived at 13:30 our rooms were ready so no sitting around waiting for that to which was just an added bonus. The rooms were great with all the things that you need but nothing spectacular to be honest.
The spa itself was fabulous. I'm a massage therapist so when you finally manage to treat yourself you are looking for somewhere that know their stuff and they didn't disappoint. The therapists were very attentive. Treatments were fab and the added bonus was the relaxation room that you could continue your chill out time. Downfall which I have to mention were the ladies toilet in the leisure area before we were taken through to spa area were extremely smelly! We were told it had something to do with the drain.
Dinner was included in our offer and menu had a great choice and was delicious.
The only slight issue I had was that there was a wedding on that night and where our rooms were located we could hear music until it stopped at 1am. Some wedding goers continued to part in rooms above us until 3.30am. A working mum looking for a night away and much required shut eye, this was not what I had envisioned especially when we had paid £180 for one night. A treat but left feeling slightly more knackered than I arrived.
Would I return? No I don't think so. I've been to other spa retreats that are more luxurious with a cheaper price tag.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Norton House Hotel & Spa, one of the finest country house hotels in Edinburgh and AA Hotel of the Year Scotland 2010. The perfect backdrop to any wedding in Scotland, this romantic venue will make your Scottish Wedding dream come true. Built in 1840, Norton House Hotel & Spa in Edinburgh, Scotland was always intended as a traditional country retreat, removed from the bustle of the city. This four star hotel in Scotland is just a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh city centre and a mere ten minutes away from Edinburgh Airport. Situated in 55 acres of grounds, Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh offers 83 bedrooms, including 36 luxury executive bedrooms, junior suites and the master suite. Norton House Hotel in Scotland offers the popular contemporary Brasserie. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Norton House Hotel And Spa Edinburgh
- Norton Hotel Edinburgh
- Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh Scotland