“Chill out with friends...”

Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh
Ranked #40 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Four of us busy ladies saved and booked a spa overnight at Norton House Hotel through Spabreaks. There did seem to be lack of communication between the hotel and Spabreaks but nothing that wasn't dealt with professionally. When we arrived at 13:30 our rooms were ready so no sitting around waiting for that to which was just an added bonus. The rooms were great with all the things that you need but nothing spectacular to be honest.

The spa itself was fabulous. I'm a massage therapist so when you finally manage to treat yourself you are looking for somewhere that know their stuff and they didn't disappoint. The therapists were very attentive. Treatments were fab and the added bonus was the relaxation room that you could continue your chill out time. Downfall which I have to mention were the ladies toilet in the leisure area before we were taken through to spa area were extremely smelly! We were told it had something to do with the drain.

Dinner was included in our offer and menu had a great choice and was delicious.

The only slight issue I had was that there was a wedding on that night and where our rooms were located we could hear music until it stopped at 1am. Some wedding goers continued to part in rooms above us until 3.30am. A working mum looking for a night away and much required shut eye, this was not what I had envisioned especially when we had paid £180 for one night. A treat but left feeling slightly more knackered than I arrived.

Would I return? No I don't think so. I've been to other spa retreats that are more luxurious with a cheaper price tag.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicola M
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments following your recent visit to Norton House Hotel & Spa. Whilst I am delighted you found the spa to be fabulous and the food delicious, I apologise that your stay was affected my noise from wedding guests. I am keen to highlight that all feedback is very important to us and we will discuss and review your comments with the team. Thank you again for your constructive feedback. Kind regards Chris Monks

Write a ReviewReviews (1,520)

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Hi I stayed at this hotel from 24 December - 26 December 2017 for a different type of Christmas break with my sister. I can say by far that this is the best hotel I have stayed in, In Scotland if not ever!
From start to finish the stay was superb, staff attentive and lovely. Warm welcome, was guided to room and after check I didn't waste time on going to us the spa facilities. I have been to Spa's before and this one was the cleanest and so relaxing, I recommend the Jacuzzi and experience shower.
Then my room was so cosy even though at a good size with comfy beds, and a bathroom with a heated towel rail. It was these extra special touches that have contributed to the hand picked brand being so wonderful.

One last note, the food is amazing everything was tasty, presented well and washed down well with fine wine, champagne and cocktails.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank sneddonlauren10
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful feedback following your stay at Norton House this Christmas. I am delighted you and your sister had such a great time and that you were able to utilise all the facilities. I appreciate your kind words regarding the team, the staff are all focused on ensuring our guests have the best possible experience and I know they will take great encouragement from your review. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 10 January 2018 via mobile

Had lovely stay in this hotel. Room really nice and comfortable. Breakfast was superb, dinner was OK, food quality is superb but menu was a bit disappointing. Staff very attentive but not too much, good balance.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tropicalbliss
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

I appreciate you taking the time to post a review following your stay in November. I am delighted you found the food quality to be superb and the team to be attentive. Thank you again for your feedback.
Kind regards

Reviewed 9 January 2018

We stayed at Norton House from Christmas until Dec. 28/17. The hotel was quiet and peaceful, perfect for relaxing and grabbing an afternoon wink. The restaurant was very good with a nice selection. Due to the holiday, the hours of the spa and swimming pool were cut short, which was a bit disappointing but understandable.

Our room was just as pictured on the website and just as described in the confirmation. We had a suite (Ratho) with a loft bedroom and a separate bathroom for our teenage son.

After we left, my son discovered he had forgotten his necklace, but was unsure where he'd last placed it. The Front Desk staff, the Housekeeping staff and the Spa & Pool staff all assisted in tracking it down, and they were able to find it. They shipped it to our home. Really the most professional, helpful and considerate staff. We loved the place and the proximity to Edinburgh gave us an opportunity to explore more than just the hotel and just the city.

Room Tip: The larger suites can accommodate families.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Gabriele C

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I am delighted you had such a memorable stay at Norton House Hotel & Spa. The team are focused upon providing attentive & friendly service and they will take great encouragement from your kind words. I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Stayed overnight at the start of Jan 2018. We advised that we would be bringing our wheelchair bound daughter.We were upgraded to the Stunning Kingdom Suite. This was actually an apartment of the highest standard. Staff were amazing throughout the hotel. The food was excellent as was the menu choice. The Breakfast was also class and one of the tidiest self service passes ever. All in all a fabulous place to stay with excellent staff.

Room Tip: Kingdom Suite - Luxury
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank James C
ChrisMonks72, Deputy General Manager at Norton House Hotel & Spa Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Thank you for posting a great review following your recent stay. I am delighted that you liked all aspects of our hotel and I do hope we can welcome you back very soon.
Kind regards