“Impressed overall”

Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #97 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights with 3 others and we all thought it was a very good hotel indeed.
We had a deluxe double which was lovely and spacious, and although the road outside was busy we couldn't hear it which was great.
I've taken a star off as the shower was pretty useless and as it's over a bath I had to practically stand on the taps to catch the water.
When they did the refurbishment it was the ideal opportunity to replace the baths with walk in showers rather than keeping the old Premier Inn fittings.
The pillows were the worst I've encountered, although the bed was comfortable It's no use if you can only get broken sleep.
The breakfast was excellent, but again fell short because half the items are not re-stocked! 2 mornings there was no bacon and another morning there was bacon but no eggs!! Travellers have mentioned this before on trip advisor but it seems this hotel doesn't respond to feedback.

Overall it was an impressive stay and we loved the staff and the city as we'd not been before.
Would I stay again? Not sure as I didn't get much sleep or bacon!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
LRHEdinburgh, General Manager at Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback, it is really important for us to see our hotel through the eyes of our guests. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team to enable us to make the improvements that would have allowed you to give us 5 stars! I do hope that you will return and allow us to show you the changes that we will implement.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stayed in this hotel for two nights. Great hotel and very clean. Good sized rooms and bathroom. Good location, lots of shops and restaurants nearby. Edinburgh Castle was about a 20min walk. I would stay in this hotel again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Natalie,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us including the new rooms and great location. I look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Hotel has recently been renovated. Rooms were clean, had lots of ports for charging phones, tablets etc. Parking is available at reduced rate for hotel guests. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a little weak for the price. Easy walking distance to Edinburgh Castle. Overall, good and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChristineD20162016

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass your feedback onto the Restaurant Manager regarding breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We were on our trip in Scotland and we have stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We have received a female-friendly spacious room, it was big enough, the bathroom was nice.
It was quit, cosy, warm enough. The hotel is located not far away from the center, and it is comfortable to travel from it to the airport.
The breakfast was very devious and a lot of meals was offered.
The personnel was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: hmmm we had one of the standard rooms which was great
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us here in Edinburgh. Our female friendly rooms are a new addition to the hotel and we love to hear feedback from our guests who have stayed in them. The team will be really pleased to read that you found them to be helpful.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed with my girlfriend,booked a double and were given 2 single beds individually dressed and pushed together which was strange. The staff in general weren't great and were not at all attentive. The positives were the location, the breakfast and food were good.For the price paid it was a poor service. I wouldn't stay again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stephen L

Dear Stephen,

I am really disappointed to read that your stay wasn't completely to your satisfaction as we always want to ensure that all of our guests have the best possible stay with us. I will share this feedback with the management team and we shall discuss what improvements we can implement here. I do hope that over time you will return to visit and we can demonstrate that we have acted on your comments here.