“Central location, comfortable room, friendly staff, great food”

Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh
Ranked #101 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I stayed for one night at the Royal Leonardo Hotel near Haymarket in Edinburgh when I was in town on business. The hotel was comfortable, a couple of minutes' walk to Haymarket station and local bus stops, the staff were friendly and helpful, the food and coffee were GREAT and, importantly for me, the WiFi was strong. I needed to do an early check-in, which the staff at the front desk arranged for me without any problem. There are many lovely restaurants, cafes and bars in the area. A great base from which to explore Edinburgh!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,028)

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

On arrival at this busy hotel the staff were friendly and efficient. Well impressed with the bedroom. Huge comfy bed, large tv, loads of storage, safe, homely and beautifully decorated.
Did not eat at the hotel as quite expensive but light bright dining room. So many lovely restaurants close by.
Also within easy walking distance of Princess street. We will be back!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
LRHEdinburgh, General Manager at Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Jackie,

Thank you for your great feedback, the team will be really delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights with 3 others and we all thought it was a very good hotel indeed.
We had a deluxe double which was lovely and spacious, and although the road outside was busy we couldn't hear it which was great.
I've taken a star off as the shower was pretty useless and as it's over a bath I had to practically stand on the taps to catch the water.
When they did the refurbishment it was the ideal opportunity to replace the baths with walk in showers rather than keeping the old Premier Inn fittings.
The pillows were the worst I've encountered, although the bed was comfortable It's no use if you can only get broken sleep.
The breakfast was excellent, but again fell short because half the items are not re-stocked! 2 mornings there was no bacon and another morning there was bacon but no eggs!! Travellers have mentioned this before on trip advisor but it seems this hotel doesn't respond to feedback.

Overall it was an impressive stay and we loved the staff and the city as we'd not been before.
Would I stay again? Not sure as I didn't get much sleep or bacon!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback, it is really important for us to see our hotel through the eyes of our guests. I will be sure to share your feedback with our team to enable us to make the improvements that would have allowed you to give us 5 stars! I do hope that you will return and allow us to show you the changes that we will implement.

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

My friend and I stayed in this hotel for two nights. Great hotel and very clean. Good sized rooms and bathroom. Good location, lots of shops and restaurants nearby. Edinburgh Castle was about a 20min walk. I would stay in this hotel again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends

Dear Natalie,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us including the new rooms and great location. I look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Hotel has recently been renovated. Rooms were clean, had lots of ports for charging phones, tablets etc. Parking is available at reduced rate for hotel guests. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was a little weak for the price. Easy walking distance to Edinburgh Castle. Overall, good and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank ChristineD20162016

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass your feedback onto the Restaurant Manager regarding breakfast.

I look forward to welcoming you again soon!