Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh
US$235
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
3,138 results
All reviewspremier innhaymarket stationcity centreprinces streetminute walkbudget hoteltram stopgood nights sleepreception stafffamily roomnight's sleepnight stayshort breakcomfy bedroyal milecooked breakfastinns
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

I am absolutely disgusted in the staff that work here. Me and boyfriend decided to go to the beautiful city of Edinburgh and explore the interesting museums and the zoo. We arrived at this hotel and got settled in. We decided to stay in for the night as we travelled far that day. Room was lovely with nice sized bed and everything you needed. We got rudely awakened by a very aggressive manager and her two colleagues accusing us of smoking which we had not. We were asked to leave as we did not pay the fine for something we hadn’t done. This was very distressing as it was very late at night. It turns out there was a faulty alarm in the room opposite which the manager denied!! No where to go and no refund. Totally unfair and what would have been a great weekend was ruined having to pay more expenses to stay somewhere else. We are both very hardworking and what was meant to be a break all we did was lose are hard earned money to this hotel. 3 emails and still no refund. Disgusting

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
LRHEdinburgh, General Manager at Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Lottie,

I am sorry to read that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. We are a non-smoking hotel and take the safety of all of our guests extremely seriously which is why we do not permit smoking in the rooms. If you would like to discuss this further then please do contact the hotel directly.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I used to use this hotel extensively when it was a Premier Inn and for the most part it was ok but I eventually got fed up with it being slightly below par for the money and moved my business elsewhere. This week I returned to give it another go as I'd been watching the work being done by the new owners. I got a great deal and was happy to return. The welcome was warm and the room had certainly been refurbished. Public areas were looking smart too. Glad to return - my only bugbear is a common complaint - I hate the two single beds pushed together trick to masquerade as a double bed. Bearable if travelling solo but certainly not acceptable if travelling as a couple.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Thanks for your feedback regarding our full hotel renovation, I am really delighted to read that you enjoyed them! Please do request a double bed on check-in next time and we will try our best to ensure that your stay with us is very comfortable.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel is not far from the city centre, about 20 minutes walking to Princes Street and the central gardens under the Castle. Rooms are standard, not big but comfortable for two persons. What is difficult to understand and accept is the service: in four days of stay in the hotel, we had two setback, mark of a not accurate service and lack of consideration of the client. Firstly, there was a mistake in the reservation, evidently due to a failure in the reservation system of the hotel, but there was no way to solve the problem. Probably the hotel staff thought that we were lying (really an unfair behaviour to us), and finally we had to pay one more night that we didn't use. The only thing we had in return was breakfast for free for two days (the hotel management even negotiated on the number of breakfast..). Then, we received in the room a birthday present (a bottle of wine) from our friends, and nobody was able to explain us that the bottle, that we found in our room, was a present. So we couldn't thank our friends for the present. Definitely, part of our short holiday was wrecked by the little regard and attention to the client, from the hotel management.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us at Leonardo Royal Hotel Edinburgh. I am disappointed to read that the hotel did not fully meet your expectations and I will share this with our management team at the hotel to take immediate action. I am very sorry that our service was not up to our usual standards and I would genuinely like to apologise for our lack of service here.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We had two nights here and I would give it three and a half stars if that were possible .
The room was nice , the bed huge and comfortable and a nice bathroom .
Breakfast was good quality and a good selection and staff were helpful .
On the negative side we had repeated problems with our cards working to get into the room and we also had to change room due to plumbing backing up in our first bathroom .
Would use again but hope issues get sorted .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am sorry that you experienced a couple of problems when staying with us but I am pleased that the team managed to sort these out for you. I do hope that you will return in the future so that we can demonstrate that these are not our usual standards.

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

Decent hotel with good value for money. The so called recent renovation was unfortunately not well made as the room quality did not live up to me and my friends quality. The finish touch of the bathroom was poor with paint missing from the wallband bad water sealant in the shower. Would not class this a 4 star hotel. We did not eat breakfast.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Our hotel has been open for 10 months now after under-going the multi-million pounds renovation and I am very sorry that it did not meet your expectations. I will certainly be sharing this feedback with the management team to ensure that we take immediate action to rectify this.