New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #9 of 150 Hotels in Edinburgh
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Happy holidays”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

What a wonderful hotel, the staff were lovely, made us so welcome, big comfy beds ! Can't wait to go back again, real luxury !!!. And the chap at the entrance what a sweetheart. Best hotel we have ever stayed at yet, thank you.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Anna_W186525

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (611)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

quite simply brilliant - have stayed 3 times now - cannot fault it! rooms lovely and spacious, beds comfy+++, breakfast in bed to die for!! recommend the "rocco fizz" cocktail! number one restaurant a must for serious foodies. simply a little touch of heaven

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I have lunch twice a year in the Brasserie and have done so for some years. The fixed price menu is always first class with a good choice but the stars are the staff. Well trained and very professional but friendly and willing to have a conversation if you want them to.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Steve H
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I booked Hadrian's Brasserie for lunch my parents on Sunday 4th March 2012 for my Dad's Birthday...

I had booked online and in the special request had merely detailed that we were lunching for my Dad’s birthday for his 64th…

To say that we were impressed would be an understatement indeed – From the minute we arrived the staff were excellent making sure that my dad was the centre of the day. The complimentary port as well as the selection of sweets with the chocolate icing on the plate saying Happy Birthday – was the icing of the day!!!

I’ve only ever been once before, for Burns Supper earlier this year and the quality of the food at this, as well as the service, and ambience were great.

The service is "phenomenal" (queue the Muppet Theme tune), the food was brilliant and just a Class establishment.

I'll definitely be back...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I booked this hotel for myself and my son so that we could visit family and hit the shops! We were upgraded free of charge to an executive twin which was on the 6th floor. The room was extremely comfy and spacious and the bathroom was very roomy. The beds were a dream to sleep in but outside noise was a little bit of a nuisance as I was woken a couple of times in the night but it is in the middle of the city so its to be expected. Breakfast was very good and we were made to feel nothing would be any trouble to request. From arriving outside the hotel in my car, which was taken to a safe carpark by a valet, to checking out and having my car returned, the staff were the most helpful , friendly and welcoming I have ever experienced in a hotel. Every last one of them had the same attitude and it made for a very pleasant stay and value for money. Thank you The Balmoral, next time I shall be sure to have time to sample the spa also

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jonkaz
balmoraledinburgh, General Manager at The Balmoral Hotel, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you most sincerely for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at The Balmoral with your son.

I am delighted that your Balmoral experience was so memorable and I have shared your positive impressions with the team whose aim is to provide guest satisfaction and service excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Balmoral in the future and, as you mentioned in your review, we do hope you will take advantage of our Spa facilities on the occasion of your next visit .

I would ask that you please contact me personally if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Yours sincerely