The Balmoral Hotel
US$126
US$167
US$156
  • Restaurant
Apex Grassmarket Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$117
US$287
US$232
  • Pool
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$113
The Scotsman Hotel(Edinburgh)
US$193
US$147
  • Room Service
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$127
4,105 results
All reviewsthe palm courthadrian's brasseriescotch barrocco fortemarble bathroomsean conneryconcierge stafftrain stationbeautiful hotelturn down serviceluxury hotelprinces streetbirthday treatedinburgh castlecastle viewroyal milespa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 March 2012

quite simply brilliant - have stayed 3 times now - cannot fault it! rooms lovely and spacious, beds comfy+++, breakfast in bed to die for!! recommend the "rocco fizz" cocktail! number one restaurant a must for serious foodies. simply a little touch of heaven

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I have lunch twice a year in the Brasserie and have done so for some years. The fixed price menu is always first class with a good choice but the stars are the staff. Well trained and very professional but friendly and willing to have a conversation if you want them to.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Steveh242424
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I booked Hadrian's Brasserie for lunch my parents on Sunday 4th March 2012 for my Dad's Birthday...

I had booked online and in the special request had merely detailed that we were lunching for my Dad’s birthday for his 64th…

To say that we were impressed would be an understatement indeed – From the minute we arrived the staff were excellent making sure that my dad was the centre of the day. The complimentary port as well as the selection of sweets with the chocolate icing on the plate saying Happy Birthday – was the icing of the day!!!

I’ve only ever been once before, for Burns Supper earlier this year and the quality of the food at this, as well as the service, and ambience were great.

The service is "phenomenal" (queue the Muppet Theme tune), the food was brilliant and just a Class establishment.

I'll definitely be back...

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I booked this hotel for myself and my son so that we could visit family and hit the shops! We were upgraded free of charge to an executive twin which was on the 6th floor. The room was extremely comfy and spacious and the bathroom was very roomy. The beds were a dream to sleep in but outside noise was a little bit of a nuisance as I was woken a couple of times in the night but it is in the middle of the city so its to be expected. Breakfast was very good and we were made to feel nothing would be any trouble to request. From arriving outside the hotel in my car, which was taken to a safe carpark by a valet, to checking out and having my car returned, the staff were the most helpful , friendly and welcoming I have ever experienced in a hotel. Every last one of them had the same attitude and it made for a very pleasant stay and value for money. Thank you The Balmoral, next time I shall be sure to have time to sample the spa also

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jonkaz
balmoraledinburgh, General Manager at The Balmoral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

Dear Guest

I would like to thank you most sincerely for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay at The Balmoral with your son.

I am delighted that your Balmoral experience was so memorable and I have shared your positive impressions with the team whose aim is to provide guest satisfaction and service excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Balmoral in the future and, as you mentioned in your review, we do hope you will take advantage of our Spa facilities on the occasion of your next visit .

I would ask that you please contact me personally if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Yours sincerely

Franck Arnold

Reviewed 4 March 2012

Nice room with comfy bed. v clean. Complimentary refreshments on demand via housekeeping. central location. great views. ren toiletries.
Only poor service experience we had was reclaiming our luggage. concierge was asking us if we would like a taxi when someone he clearly knew entered the hotel. before we could speak he was with the new chap and ignored us. very poor but not a reflection on the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012

Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive review following your stay at The Balmoral. I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel and its location, however, I was disappointed to read your feedback with regard to the service you received from a member of the Concierge team on your departure.

We typically receive very favourable feedback about the quality of service and professionalism of our Concierge team and I would like to convey my sincere apologies that they were not more proactive on this occasion in assisting you.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Balmoral in the future and if I can be of assistance then please do contact me.

Yours sincerely