We stayed here for 3 nights in a one bedroom studio apartment. The room was very spacious, fresh and modern. The daily service was excellent. Although the room cost 130 pounds per night (I think the rate has now increased to 150 pounds per night) this included a fantastic breakfast and we actually saved significantly by being able to eat dinner in our room with a kitchenette with a microwave, toaster, sink, fridge, cutlery, crockery and dishwasher. The local Sainbury's had a 5 pound meal for 2 offer for a decent meal, side and dessert! We treated ourselves to dinner out one night where a main and dessert was 60 pounds so we viewed the choice of self catering room as a money saving deal. Well worth the rate. Only thing is that a second chair in addition to the desk chair is needed to eat at the desk, the alternative is a lap TV dinner which is fine after a big day of site seeing.
As others have said the rooms are very warm - we had both windows open each night (they only open a few centimetres for safety). The shower was great, very powerful and warm water. This is a full service hotel with towels changed daily and we were thrilled that the dishwasher was loaded with our dishes to be cleaned for when we got back!
Suggested improvements - the door to the bedroom was on an automatic close which was really annoying, breakfast on a Sunday morning at 9.30am was mayhem with people everywhere even sitting in the lounge area of the lobby so I suggest to go early or later. However, there was always enough food, they even had hot cross buns for Easter. In the room I would have preferred a choice of pillows as I hate feather pillows....the bed was firm but fine.
Reception staff were always helpful and the hotel is situated in an area undergoing development so it is really quiet with no street noise. We were a little confused about how to get there as the map shows it to be at the end of a cul-de-sac however you can get there from the 'dead end' part of the cul de sac. From the train station it is about a 20 minute walk through delightful old streets.
We would stay here again - Edinburgh is beautiful and charming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott Edinburgh offers short and long-stay accommodations in Edinburgh, Scotland. At our hotel, set a pace that suits you, whether you're with us for a few days, a few weeks, or a few months. Located in the heart of Edinburgh in the new Quartermile development, you have it all at your fingertips with Edinburgh Castle, the Royal Mile, Holyrood Palace, Princes Street, the Meadows, the National Museum of Scotland and the Scottish Parliament all with in a few minutes walk. You'll thrive at Residence Inn by Marriott Edinburgh with all the conveniences you need. Like spacious studio, superior studio and one bedroom suites with separate living, working, kitchen and sleeping areas. Complimentary grocery delivery service to fill your refrigerator and satisfy cravings. Complimentary internet for connecting to work and the outside world. Free hot breakfast to start mornings off right and evening social hours to end the day well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn by Marriott Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Edinburgh Hotel Edinburgh
- Residence Inn By Marriott Edinburgh Scotland