“A Gem”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Lindsay Guest House
Ranked #91 of 393 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 March 2012

After warm recommendation from friends I was lucky enough to be able to stay for two nights at the Lindsay Guest House. My room was large and comfortable with all the helpful additions - TV/tea/coffee making; hair-dryer/toileteries - one would need. Everywhere was immaculately clean and well-cared for. Although the Guest House is on a main road there is excellent double-glazing which, coupled with the very comfortable bed, made for an excellent night's sleep.

Breakfast was delicious with a wide choice on the menu - a perfect start to a busy day.

This is an ideal location for visiting Edinburgh's delights - buses for the City stop almost outside the front door and the journey to the centre only takes 15-20 minutes.

I thoroughly recommend this gem of a place, with its helpful hosts and will have no hesitation in making a return visit.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 January 2012

Keith, the witty and sometimes humorous owner of the Lindsay Guest House, was helpful during my 3-night stay at the property with directions to places of interest in Edinburgh and such. He "may" seem intimidating upon first impression (well, at least to me initially), but once you get to talk with him you'll find him as quite a friendly and charming person. I also thoroughly enjoyed the conversations I had with him as I got an opportunity to learn a bit of Scottish history, culture, and daily life.

The Lindsay is located in a nice and quiet area close to buses that can take one directly to Edinburgh's city center within minutes, so it is really convenient. The single room I stayed in was clean and comfortable, as was the washroom. Breakfast was also tasty. All in all, I would say that I had a pleasurable experience at the Lindsay Guest House and would recommend it to others looking for a reliable place to stay while visiting Edinburgh.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We had a very nice stay at the Lindsay Guest House. Keith and Pamela were very helpful, we contacted them before our stay and they gave us very useful information, which saved us money and time. They were very quick in their response. The bus stop for downtown is just outside of their very nice home.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mim011
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Everything about the guest house was 5 star. The breakfasts were plentiful- so much that we didn't want lunch which saved us money. I even like the haggis but loved the potato waffles!The room was huge, clean, & well-supplied with tea, coffee, cookies (biscuits) & candy (sweets). Keith was very helpful when it came to figuring out the buses all over town. Our daughter's school group was performing at the festival & we were constantly having to catch the correct bus to the University and Fringe venues. We Americans loved our stay & would suggest this B & B to anyone visiting Edinburgh!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Superstarmama
Reviewed 18 September 2011

My new husband and I are Canadian and we stayed at the Lindsay Guest House at the end of August during the Fringe Festival in Edinburgh. The place was absolutely lovely! Our room was very spacious and beautifully decorated and the breakfasts were to die for - especially the haggis :) It was a quick 25 minute walk to the centre of town, or 10 minute bus ride with a convenient stop just steps from the front door. Keith and Pamela were fantastic hosts - very friendly and helpful - they were even able to return a forgotten i-pod to us at our hotel in London. This B&B is definitely something special and I would recommend it to all. If we make it back to Scotland in the future we will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple