US$161
US$128
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$166/night.

US$222
US$187
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$239/night.

US$131
US$121
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 50% below average rates

The price you found is 50% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$243/night.

Edinburgh Marriott Hotel(Edinburgh)
US$141
US$111
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$126/night.

US$145
US$120
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$162/night.

US$157
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$207/night.

US$169
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$213/night.

Ibis Edinburgh Centre South Bridge(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$149
ibis
US$107
PremierInn.com
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$152/night.

Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$409
US$324
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$502/night.

All reviewscity centrebus stopprivate bathroomexcellent breakfastfamily roomstayed for two nightsnice staynice roomnight stayguesthousehostsportobellokey
Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

I booked for a king size bed room and pay less as it was clearly sold as a special offer in Agoda. Instead a few days later I was asked to pay 12 pounds more stating he mistook the price or alternatively to accept a smaller room or even to cancel the already paid reservation! I answered that I wanted the kind of room for what I've already paid. You can imagine what kind of room he has actally given to me. A small, very cold double bed room acting in a manner to let us no answer, really an humiliating experience. Very poor continental breakfast with small jam jars just "refilled" and toast, not even a croissant. Sorry but I'm not used to make others to pay for my errors and all this can be proved throughout emails I received

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
brianpolo, Owner at Aynetree Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2016

This man was very rude but his friend was not so. Perhaps his friend could teach him some manners. He was rude to me from the minute that he walked in. He booked for a TWIN ROOM (I have the evidence) for £49 which included breakfast, car park, WiFi and en suite. .and this was for a Saturday only when Edinburgh was very busy. He complained about everything. The cold outside (we could not control that), the breakfast, the room, my face......Let us start with the breakfast. The rude one had porridge with a bowl of yogurt. Followed by toast and he refused cold ham, cheese, fresh fruit, dried fruit, nuts, eggs, cereals of which there are five or six and full cooked breakfast. But silly me, I did not have croissants! The other chap ate a full cooked breakfast with all the trimmings included. I have only just returned from Italy and they do not eat haggis for breakfast. But then, I did not go to trip advisor to complain about the establishment. He was asked on more than one occasion if he was happy with his room, his breakfast etc...and he just looked at me blankly. All my attempts to win him round fell on DEAF EARS.
Now for all the one's that we received! 1 out of 5 for cleanliness. Rubbish. If our readers would like to cast their eyes on the rating that we receive for this area they will see that we score high. 1 out of 5 for value. They paid £49 for two people with breakfast, WiFi, car park, en suite and a large twin room (the one that they booked with Agoda) and they think that this is expensive? Who is telling little lies then?

Reviewed 10 November 2015

This was our first time visiting Edinburgh and wanted somewhere just outside of the city. This was perfect for us as there is a bus stop outside that takes you straight into Edinburgh (Prince's Street). The room/s were just what we wanted and the breakfast left us full all day. Brian can arrange tours for you at no extra charge, i'd recommend the Royal Edinburgh tour which includes free entry into The Castle, Holyrood Palace and the Royal Yacht. This also includes free access to all four tour buses for 48 hours which is a must if you want to see more of the city. We ate in the Cuddie Brae for the three nights that we were there which is about two minutes away by car.
Offroad parking gave us peace of mind and there is enough room for several cars.
We'd definately stay here again.
Thank you Brian.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
brianpolo, Owner at Aynetree Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2015

Hi David, Thank you both for the great review. Sorry for the late response. Thank you again for moving rooms in the emergency that we encountered with our other guests. It was very kind of you both stay in room 4 for the first night. Yes, it is great that we have plenty of space for the guests in the car park - a space for each room if the cars are parked properly. The car park is invaluable in Edinburgh when some establishments advertise " car park" and can only take two cars! I am glad that you both enjoyed Brittania on the last day. Perhaps we may meet again. Brian.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

We had a pleassant overnight stay in this very nice Victorian House in Portobello, very well served by several bus lines. On the arrival we were given excellent information about busses, services and all we needed.
We slept in a warm and cosy room at the ground floor with all amenities. At breakfast we could choose among a good selection of goodies in a lovely and peacfull dining room. We thank Brian and recommend this B/B. We would be delighted to stay here again. Sara and Paolo from Bologna, Italy

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
brianpolo, Owner at Aynetree Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2015

Sarah and Paolo, thank you so much for your kind words. They are very much appreciated. I am so glad that you enjoyed the ambiance of our place and that you both come back again one day. Can I correct you on one point though. Our address is not Portobello. We live in Duddingston which is an area of Edinburgh east of Arthur's seat. Portobello is about 2 miles away but is a great place to visit if you want a break from the city. Brian.

Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

We have just returned today from the Aynetree Guest House. The price is good but the room requires a little work, it's clean ish (nothing major, just a couple of tweaks), the bed is noisy, really uncomfortable and need looking at. My partner could usually sleep on a bed of nails but did not sleep much, I on the other hand am in a great deal of discomfort still and am honestly on pain relief.
On arrival we couldn't of been more impressed, Brian (we think) was so very helpful and very friendly offering advice and ideas on our stay.
The breakfast was really good, the food was delicious but the lady who served it wasn't too friendly to us (we had not complained or raised any issues at all).
You have a great product, good reviews and all the trappings of a five star review but things date, staff/owners have off days but Brian was brilliant upon arrival but never seen again.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Trev T
brianpolo, Owner at Aynetree Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2015

. Brian here. I spoke to the lady who was running my establishment whilst I joined my wife at the hospital (she became very ill during the night and was rushed to the infirmary). The lady is called Linda and she runs the guest house quite a bit when we want time off, go on holiday and unfortunately, become ill. She says that you never once complained to her when she asked if you slept well. This is very strange. Why then run to TA as soon as you get home (I surmise you took your coat off first)? I normally cook and serve the breakfast and sometimes Linda helps out and never before has she had a complaint against her. Incidentally, she COOKED your breakfast, served your breakfast and then took your money on your check-out. £60 which is £30 each minus the 15 per cent plus that agent takes leaves a mere £50 for two people in an en suite, full cooked breakfast, car park, WiFi. Amazing value for one night on a Friday. So perhaps she was under stress as she had to cook 13 breakfasts and serve them also on her own. So, this unfriendly lady cooked you a delicious breakfast and really good food but you did not mention in what way was she unfriendly. Did she say something to you that was rude or did you simply not like the look of her face? You have to clarify when telling tales about a member of staff what exactly was the problem and what was said - or not said. As for the cleanliness of the room. "clean ish". You also forgot to mention what was clean ish. Our chamber person has worked for us for 10 years and I shall not even approach her on this subject as our readers can see that clean is an adjective that is used often in my establishment. This and friendliness always coming tops. As for the bed. People like different beds. Some people like soft beds. Some people like hard beds. We cannot please everyone. As for you being on medication because of the bed. Well........I shall leave it for our readers to believe that. Now you see me...now you don't.

Reviewed 24 September 2015 via mobile

We liked the days, the rooms were very clean, the bathroom was enough, plenty hot water, the breakfast perfect and locomotion easy to go and return from the train station, using bus. A take away in the corner and convenience store can help a lot. And Brian, the owner, was very helpful and polite.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
brianpolo, Owner at Aynetree Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2015

Thank you for your pleasing review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and the short bus trip to the centre is hassle free. I hope to meet you both again some day.