“Delightful experience, warm friendly people!”

Aynetree Guest House
Ranked #153 of 394 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 May 2016

The couple who run this Guesthouse were super! Accommodations neat, perfectly maintained. Breakfasts were superior, and the owners very helpful with advice. Love having the bus stop right out front, so we could get around easily.
Definitely would recommend the Aynetree Guesthouse.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
enquiries661, Owner at Aynetree Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2016

What a fantastic review. Reviews like this want me to try even harder. Negative reviews want me to sell up and walk away. This lovely review is very important to me and I read it just before retiring. So, a good sleep tonight knowing that I made a guest enjoy the Edinburgh experience and our hospitality.

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

I recently visited Edinburgh with my two friends and we stayed at this wonderful guest house. The rooms were adorable with ensuite bathrooms. The showers had great pressure and plenty of hot water. The beds were comfortable and cozy with plenty of pillows provided.

The breakfast in the morning is fantastic! They serve porridge with fixings or cereal with coffee or tea. Then there is plenty of toast with butter and jam available. Then there is juice options and milk. Then you have the option of a full Scottish breakfast, a vegetarian option full breakfast, or just your own combination of available foods. The food is prepared right then and is delicious.

The staff at this guest house are the most genuinely nice people you could ever ask for. They are gracious hosts and very helpful. They are welcoming and extremely friendly and always willing to help.

I strongly recommend staying here if you have driven to Edinburgh. If you didn't drive, there are buses right outside the door that take you to the best parts of Edinburgh so don't worry!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nicky R
enquiries661, Owner at Aynetree Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2016

Hi Nicky, What an amazing review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay so much.I have been called many things.....but never gracious. But I shall accept the compliment!!

Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

I booked for a king size bed room and pay less as it was clearly sold as a special offer in Agoda. Instead a few days later I was asked to pay 12 pounds more stating he mistook the price or alternatively to accept a smaller room or even to cancel the already paid reservation! I answered that I wanted the kind of room for what I've already paid. You can imagine what kind of room he has actally given to me. A small, very cold double bed room acting in a manner to let us no answer, really an humiliating experience. Very poor continental breakfast with small jam jars just "refilled" and toast, not even a croissant. Sorry but I'm not used to make others to pay for my errors and all this can be proved throughout emails I received

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
brianpolo, Owner at Aynetree Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2016

This man was very rude but his friend was not so. Perhaps his friend could teach him some manners. He was rude to me from the minute that he walked in. He booked for a TWIN ROOM (I have the evidence) for £49 which included breakfast, car park, WiFi and en suite. .and this was for a Saturday only when Edinburgh was very busy. He complained about everything. The cold outside (we could not control that), the breakfast, the room, my face......Let us start with the breakfast. The rude one had porridge with a bowl of yogurt. Followed by toast and he refused cold ham, cheese, fresh fruit, dried fruit, nuts, eggs, cereals of which there are five or six and full cooked breakfast. But silly me, I did not have croissants! The other chap ate a full cooked breakfast with all the trimmings included. I have only just returned from Italy and they do not eat haggis for breakfast. But then, I did not go to trip advisor to complain about the establishment. He was asked on more than one occasion if he was happy with his room, his breakfast etc...and he just looked at me blankly. All my attempts to win him round fell on DEAF EARS.
Now for all the one's that we received! 1 out of 5 for cleanliness. Rubbish. If our readers would like to cast their eyes on the rating that we receive for this area they will see that we score high. 1 out of 5 for value. They paid £49 for two people with breakfast, WiFi, car park, en suite and a large twin room (the one that they booked with Agoda) and they think that this is expensive? Who is telling little lies then?

Reviewed 10 November 2015

This was our first time visiting Edinburgh and wanted somewhere just outside of the city. This was perfect for us as there is a bus stop outside that takes you straight into Edinburgh (Prince's Street). The room/s were just what we wanted and the breakfast left us full all day. Brian can arrange tours for you at no extra charge, i'd recommend the Royal Edinburgh tour which includes free entry into The Castle, Holyrood Palace and the Royal Yacht. This also includes free access to all four tour buses for 48 hours which is a must if you want to see more of the city. We ate in the Cuddie Brae for the three nights that we were there which is about two minutes away by car.
Offroad parking gave us peace of mind and there is enough room for several cars.
We'd definately stay here again.
Thank you Brian.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
brianpolo, Owner at Aynetree Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2015

Hi David, Thank you both for the great review. Sorry for the late response. Thank you again for moving rooms in the emergency that we encountered with our other guests. It was very kind of you both stay in room 4 for the first night. Yes, it is great that we have plenty of space for the guests in the car park - a space for each room if the cars are parked properly. The car park is invaluable in Edinburgh when some establishments advertise " car park" and can only take two cars! I am glad that you both enjoyed Brittania on the last day. Perhaps we may meet again. Brian.

Reviewed 2 November 2015

We had a pleassant overnight stay in this very nice Victorian House in Portobello, very well served by several bus lines. On the arrival we were given excellent information about busses, services and all we needed.
We slept in a warm and cosy room at the ground floor with all amenities. At breakfast we could choose among a good selection of goodies in a lovely and peacfull dining room. We thank Brian and recommend this B/B. We would be delighted to stay here again. Sara and Paolo from Bologna, Italy

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
brianpolo, Owner at Aynetree Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2015

Sarah and Paolo, thank you so much for your kind words. They are very much appreciated. I am so glad that you enjoyed the ambiance of our place and that you both come back again one day. Can I correct you on one point though. Our address is not Portobello. We live in Duddingston which is an area of Edinburgh east of Arthur's seat. Portobello is about 2 miles away but is a great place to visit if you want a break from the city. Brian.