Aynetree Guest House
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Prestonfield(Edinburgh)
  • Restaurant
All reviewscity centrebus stopexcellent breakfastfamily roomstayed for two nightsnice staynight staynice roomguesthousehostsportobellokey
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Good old-fashioned B&B with old but functional furniture. Very nice Scottish breakfast (black pud AND haggis!). Friendly and helpful owner Brian saved us a long queue wait by booking Castle tickets for us. Very easy close convenient bus route so don't need to drive into town. Ideal for us.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
enquiries661, Owner at Aynetree Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Thank you for the great review. Can I point out though that the furniture is not old. It was all purchased from IKEA 3 years ago. This is not old. We bought it from here as it is sturdy and if it were to be damaged it would not cost the earth to replace. An exeption is room 5 which has reproduction furniture and very expensive. Stag minstrel. It used to be ours but we moved on to a different theme.

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

Now I'm not saying the owner isn't nice, Brian is lovely it's just a combination of little things that make me dislike this place. Firstly, we get a shower cap but no soap and no flannels are offered either. I see these as standard offerings. They won't serve you white toast, they only offer brown. The headboard in room 5 squeaked everytime you moved! I understand that the house and rooms are Victorian themed but the bed is awful, it's low, springy and covered in a thin floral duvet.

The shower gel and hand wash were not filled up before we arrived which was a shame. The cleaner also appeared to be hell bent on moving our belongings so we had a treasure hunt finding them when we returned to the room in the evening.
Scrambled eggs are poor too but then again I'm very picky over those. Breakfast is only served from 8-9 which I also don't like. Way too expensive for what it is!!!!

The wifi though is great, although I don't know if that's just because we were downstairs and got a better signal. The breakfast room tables were laid out nicely and I like that there's music playing. The kettle is also a decent size and the parking can be tight but it's available.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WispyFairyWings
enquiries661, Owner at Aynetree Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

If I were a 9.2 on booking.com I would not even bother to respond to your pathetic points. But since I am not (and never will be) 9.2 I shall respond. We do not supply flannels and we used to but as they came back covered in sh.. I threw them all out. More hygienic to use ones hands, don't you think? If you wanted white starchy bread why not ask for it? The breakfast is served from 8 to 9 am and this is as advertised before you booked it. Do your homework! The one hour slot is relative to the six rooms. 50 rooms, over 3 hours, 100 rooms over 4 hours. etc.....all relative. Six rooms over one hour. You had soap in a little wall mounted dish by the sink. You had shower and bath gel on a wall mounted container on the shower wall. The bed is low? And.......it must have almost choked you to come with the positives in this review. Get a life.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Well positioned on a main bus route into Edinburgh (20 Mins max). Accommodation was fine every hing you need for a short break. breakfast is served for only an hour but plenty of choice.

Room was clean and had plenty of bedding. Bathroom was large enough with a good shower.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
enquiries661, Owner at Aynetree Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2016

Hi Stuart, thank you very much for reviewing. I am so glad that you found the place comfortable for your weekend away. We aim to please (but do not always succeed). Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

We booked two rooms.
Nice accomodation with beautiful owners help and support.
We received information about how to reach the downtown festival.
Now, the best in class was the scottish breakfast!!

We suggest this place.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
enquiries661, Owner at Aynetree Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Sylvia, thank you for your great review. We please most of the people most of the time.

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

We were traveling by motorbike to the Highlands and wanted to stay in a special place in Edinburg. And that was exactly what we found here. Comfortable, clean, quiet and very close to the center. Breakfast is fantastic because a lot of reasons, but mainly because you sense the love and care that the owners put in every detail. So, absolutely recomended.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
enquiries661, Owner at Aynetree Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2016

Dear Albert, thank you so much for your kind words. Yes, we care a lot about looking after our guests. This is not just a business, it is our way of life. Perhaps not for everyone but we love meeting new people. I hope that the weather was not too miserable for the remainder of your holiday. The worst weather in August for many a year. See you soon.