“Lovely food and service ”

Wedgwood The Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 2,851 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$30 - US$87
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Went for the wee tour of Scotland menu with matched wine, very good indeed. Venison and the cheese board were the highlights but no course was a let down all very good indeed. Well worth a visit

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank SJH1874
Write a ReviewReviews (2,056)

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We went to Wedgwood as part of a Burns Night dinner and tour of St. Mary King's Close so we had a set menu. The cheddar and onion bread pudding was glorious. I had mushroom barley risotto for the main and it tasted just right. But the main event, without a shadow of a doubt, was the very sticky toffee pudding. Not just one, but two massive slices bathed on just enough salted caramel. I had a large glass of Tempranillo for the ripe grand amount of £5.50. The service is par excellence here, as it befits such a fine dining experience. It's worth the price, and worth a trip.

Date of visit: January 2018
2  Thank Chutzpahtic
Reviewed 20 January 2018

But I guess that is not really praise....I thought that everything was fine, but it was that, just fine! I didn't feel jolly and excited about my food, though I liked it. My partner felt the same way. I think that visiting two days before New Year means that people are not really on their game and that showed in Edinburgh this week.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We booked the Wedgwood as part of our New Years Eve celebrations and are glad we did. An intimate restaurant on the Royal Mile, with extremely friendly and knowledgeable staff, we had their taster menu with wines to match each course. It was absolutely superb! Food was cooked perfectly and presentation of each dish was outstanding. We have enjoyed many taster menus in various restaurants and this definitely compared with the best. We would definitely recommend a visit.

1  Thank Louise242014
Reviewed 26 December 2017

A perfectly cooked dinner, served by friendly and knowledgeable staff who made good suggestions as to choice of food and wines.

Scallops followed by loin and breast of lamb;
Jerusalem artichoke velouté followed by a spiced monkfish on a bed of lentils. And to finish, another delicious concoction: a tart made with rowan berries.

Not exactly cheap but very well worth it for an excellent meal in a pleasant dining room served by very professional staff.