“Fabulous tasting menu...loved it!”

Wedgwood The Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 2,700 Restaurants in Edinburgh
Price range: US$30 - US$87
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Old Town
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Not been for a few years. I remember why I used to like this restaurant a lot!
A tasting menu comprising Artichoke, scallops, hake, venison..and sticky toffee pudding...with a great, decently priced wine selection...is a super menu.
It's become progressively more expensive over the years - as seems standard nowadays. The menu was £50 pp. But that's now the price of a good fine dining restaurant.
Flavours were excellent. Particular mention worthy to the scallops and the venison. Both outstanding.
The presentation of the food was good but not necessarily brilliant. Artichoke veloute was tasty but presented like a grey angel delight!
A good location on the High Street. It's a small restaurant and a little tight for space. But it's well decorated to make the ambiance quite agreeable.
Will be back!

2  Thank eddi10c
Write a ReviewReviews (1,970)

Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

Went for the wee tour of Scotland menu with matched wine, very good indeed. Venison and the cheese board were the highlights but no course was a let down all very good indeed. Well worth a visit

1  Thank SJH1874
Reviewed 28 January 2018 via mobile

We went to Wedgwood as part of a Burns Night dinner and tour of St. Mary King's Close so we had a set menu. The cheddar and onion bread pudding was glorious. I had mushroom barley risotto for the main and it tasted just right. But the main event, without a shadow of a doubt, was the very sticky toffee pudding. Not just one, but two massive slices bathed on just enough salted caramel. I had a large glass of Tempranillo for the ripe grand amount of £5.50. The service is par excellence here, as it befits such a fine dining experience. It's worth the price, and worth a trip.

2  Thank Chutzpahtic
Reviewed 20 January 2018

But I guess that is not really praise....I thought that everything was fine, but it was that, just fine! I didn't feel jolly and excited about my food, though I liked it. My partner felt the same way. I think that visiting two days before New Year means that people are not really on their game and that showed in Edinburgh this week.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

We booked the Wedgwood as part of our New Years Eve celebrations and are glad we did. An intimate restaurant on the Royal Mile, with extremely friendly and knowledgeable staff, we had their taster menu with wines to match each course. It was absolutely superb! Food was cooked perfectly and presentation of each dish was outstanding. We have enjoyed many taster menus in various restaurants and this definitely compared with the best. We would definitely recommend a visit.

1  Thank Louise242014