“nice place to stay”

The Armadillo Guest House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Armadillo Guest House
Ranked #221 of 393 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed at The Armadillo Guest House for about 4 nights with my Husband, 4 year old son, mum and aunt we all enjoyed our stay here. The Owner Trish was really nice and helpful with travel info, bus tours and general info. The rooms were really nice and clean and breakfast was nice. And she told us what time breakfast was served! so we wouldn't miss out. I really enjoyed my time at this guest house and will recommend it to anyone. 10 out of 10

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank scholes2_86

Reviewed 17 October 2011

We enjoyed our 2 night stay here in Room 3.

The staff were very welcoming and very friendly.

The room - was large with an ensuite, cleaned daily with fresh towels each day. Flatscreen Tv mounted on the wall which could be angled in various ways. There was no traffice noise in this room as it was at the back of the property. There was tea and coffee making facillities in the room. The window had the old fashioned shutters which blackout the room so i got an excellent sleep.

Breakfast was really good too.

This is a nice home from home which location was great for getting to the grassmarket and princess street.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kittykatstewart
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We enjoyed our stay here. The landlady stayed up late to let us in when our train was delayed and was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. There was soap and shower gel a plenty. Tea and coffee making facilities and a flat screen TV. We were in room 3 on first floor and there was no traffic noise (and not a very busy street anyway), only fireworks from the tattoo! Breakfast was tasty and ordered from a list of options the night before which meant service was quick in the morning. No rabbit in the shower either!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SilverRoseUK
Reviewed 30 May 2011

My husband and I stayed in a room to the front of the property, very basic room in need of upgrading. The windows rattled all night and the road was very noisy.

The bedding and towels were very worn with no toiletries provided. The owner failed to tell us what time breakfast was at when we checked in so when we arrived to the breakfast room at what we thought was a reasonable time if 9.30am we were told we had missed breakfast. I don't think the owner has any customer relation skills at all. Having paid an extra £5 for breakfast she could have at least knocked on out door or let us know the very strict and limited timings for breakfast!

I would not return there or recommend it to friends

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Irish_COL123
Reviewed 27 October 2010

The guest house is not in a bad location but walking from the centre takes a while, so you'll might as well book something better for the same money and use the bus to get to the place. First thing when we came I've been charged 2 GBR because I've paid with my DEBIT card ( yes, not credit, but debit) I don't say that it much, but can't get why it wasn't confirmed before. The room was very dated and needed lots of attention to basic details, such as broken lamp, etc. The breakfast was a BIG disappointment, as I got a cheapest ham possible, the Tesco value water ham. My mum ordered a boiled eggs breakfast and she literally got 2 boiled eggs on a plate. It was just a joke. The coffee was probablu brewed few times before it came on our table.
Most disappointed stay, considering that it was a treat for my parents.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family