Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes
Coach House Inn(Glenrothes)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfettykil foxstayed herethe pubroom was cleanpub next doorfree breakfastbeansthe breakfast areadecent hotelthe ground floornight porterpowerful showerquiet locationhotel is situatednice breakfastgreat value for moneyplenty of parking
Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night, a Saturday evening, at the end of February. I should say we used the hotel as a base for attending a party at nearby Balbirnie House Hotel which was fully booked for the night but to be honest, bearing in mind that Balbirnie would have charged £140 for a double room with breakfast, I’m glad we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. Only £55 for bed and breakfast and a 10 minute taxi ride away - it was perfect for us. There’s plenty of free parking on site, which is shared with a pub/restaurant right next door to the hotel - handy if you are looking for somewhere close by to have dinner.

Room was spacious with a double bed, a small sofa, desk and wall mounted flat screen tv. There is some open plan hanging and storage space for clothes and a tea and coffee tray - you can help yourself to extra supplies for this at reception, free of charge.

Our room (249) was at the end of a corridor and overlooked the back of the hotel so was extremely quiet. The bed was large, comfortable and had a choice of hard or soft pillow.

Bathroom had no bath but a reasonable sized shower cubicle with a good, powerful shower. Hand wash and shower gel are provided from a wall mounted dispenser and other toiletries are available from reception if required.

Overall, the room was clean, comfortable and in good condition.

Breakfast was included in our rate and served at an area next to reception. There is a hot and cold buffet selection, not vast by any means, but plenty to suit all tastes. The breakfast service was very busy and a little chaotic at times but I suspect that was because we arrived at around 0930, with the buffet closing at 1000. I’d recommend going a little earlier if you value space and a little quiet!

Finally, we found the reception and housekeeping staff to be extremely pleasant, helpful and friendly and they helped make our short stay very enjoyable.

In summary, first class service and great value for money - wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn R
Reviewed 20 February 2018

I've stayed at a number of Holiday Inn Express both in the UK and abroad, Saturday night was my first time at the Glenrothes location as I was attending a workshop in Leslie and (unusually for me) was travelling without my dogs so able to choose this hotel.

The location of the hotel is ideal, very easy to find, close to the town centre yet not in a busy/noisy area and as well as having a restaurant on its doorstep there are many nearby. Car park and entranceway were all very clean, tidy and well lit. Once inside the hotel the standard of maintenance and cleanliness are equally high, staff on the desk are friendly and efficient. I was in room 120 which is at the far end of the ground floor, the room was very quiet and it was immaculate, it is basic in that it had no frills but everything in the room was in excellent condition and the bed and pillows very comfortable. I popped in for breakfast before checking out and the team were meticulous in keeping selections topped up and keeping the area clean.

In all aspects it is clear to see that the team take great pride in their work and in this location which translates to a great stay for travellers at a pretty much unbeatable price.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank fozzibearr
StephanieDGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 10 February 2018

During a recent business trip, I stayed for 2 nights at the Holiday Inn Glenrothes. The hotel is situated in a quiet, secluded location on the edge of town, and is clean, comfortable and adequately equipped. The entire accommodation comprises only 2 storeys.

My room was pleasant, warm and comfortable, particularly the double bed. I have stayed in various similar budget hotels, but I would rate this as one of the better venues in terms of location, staff, cleanliness and overall value for money. Staff were helpful, welcoming and friendly, and the rate I paid (£37 per night) included a buffet breakfast, which is basic but quite adequate.

If I should chance to be in the area again, I would be perfectly happy to re-visit this hotel in future.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank Philip N B

Front Desk

Reviewed 22 January 2018

This holiday inn was ideally placed for our short visit to friends in Kirkaldy. We stayed 2 nights.
We also visited Queensferry which was a nice little town.
The rooms were clean and breakfast was very good.

Stayed: December 2017
1  Thank Amanda W
StephanieDGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

Front Desk

Reviewed 4 January 2018

The hotel is very convenient,clean, excellent facilities and breakfast. Service from the staff was first class. Plenty of choice at breakfast and staff very quick to help.With the increase i8n items on the breakfast bar you were spoilt for choice from porridge through to toast.

Room Tip: Second floor end of corridor
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Greg R, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Glenrothes, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2018

Dear Rambo226, Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your new year visit with us & you were impressed with the new breakfast offerings.
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Regards,