“Quirky, cheap & cheerful”
Review of The Pakistani Cafe - CLOSED

The Pakistani Cafe
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: Pakistani
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Visited with friends.Veggie options were good. Staff pleasant with chilled out atmoshphere. Staff explained there may be a wait as food was freshly prepared. Great for cheap eats and to chill out.

3  Thank Soots2012

Reviewed 19 December 2011

Went here on a cold, snowy. Tuesday evening a few weeks ago. Despite being empty we had a great meal. The guy running the place was very attentive and the food amazing. He kept apologising for the length of time it took, but it was clear that our meal was being cooked from scratch and it showed. The food was fresh, hot and beautifully presented. We will definitely visit again and also would get a take out, just phone ahead so it is ready when you collect.

2  Thank loobylou_10
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I am not gona say much but you really have to experience it to beleive it......... The MIXED GRILLS ARE AWESOME!!!! And ask for the garlic sauce and garlic nan to go with it!!

2  Thank Shahruk
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I went to The Pakistani Cafe on Friday with a group of about 13 friends. I think it has changed hands since the last time I was there. The decor is much more up to date and a little less disorganised. I had a fantastic night. The food was top quality and there was a lot of it. My table had mixed starters - one lot of meat and one non meat / fish for the veggies in our group. For the main I had Chicken Tikka Malai which was 2 or 3 breasts of chicken prepared tikka style (no sauce). It was gorgeous though a little hotter than I expected. I asked the guys for sauce on the side and they happily prepared me some for free. I had this with rice and mixed nans. The rest of our group all tried different options from the menu and the overall consensus was the food was excellent. We even had some nans to take home as we couldnt finish it all. The restuarant is also BYOB and surprisingly they didnt charge us any corkage which is a total bargain. I think per person the cost came to around £11 a head (this is including the tip we added which was around 10% though it is up to yourself if and how much you want to tip) Service was fast and friendly. I would defo go back. Great for a large group of friends. We are already planning our next meal there. Yum.

2  Thank doucomehereoften
Reviewed 2 November 2011

ok i know by being a previous customer, jim is now gone and the place is under new management and OMG i must say this was the best place iv ever had pakistani food. so original and full of amazing spices.. have you seen the new interior desgning.. the new owner defenetly made an amazing impression on everyone now.. the way they have the chicken lamb etc hanging from the fridge is sooo amazing.. we ordered a mixed grill and the guy took out mix grill out infront of us and passed to the guy on the tandoor from the front window, went straight in the tandoor.. its good to see your food getting cooked... i would recommend 100%...

7  Thank alpha A