“Fantastic service, food and atmosphere”

Two Fat Ladies at the Buttery
Ranked #13 of 2,592 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: European, Seafood, British
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Anderston
Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

We had a great family lunch at The Buttery, the food was delicious and the waiting staff were really attentive. Some really special touches along with the superb food.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,828)

Reviewed 9 April 2018

First time visit for us. My wife and i had an early evening meal before a concert at the Armadillo. We had a choice of the Pre-theatre or A la Carte menus. Both menus were appetising. We chose the A la Carte which was slightly more expensive but still reasonable price. Vegetarian & vegan menus were available with a good selection for my wife. Service was attentive and prompt.
My pork belly, scallops & black pudding were delicious. Wife had a sea trout in green curry which she said was also excellent.
A nice atmosphere...not too stuffy or formal.
Thanks for an enjoyable meal !

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We booked a table at The Buttery a few weeks ago and arrived tonight on time to be asked ‘what can I do for you’ which I thought was really weird as the straight answers would have been, ‘check my reservation?’ Or ‘Welcome me?’ Or take my coat? Very odd. We then were whisked through a high speed dinner we had to ask them to stop after the main course otherwise we would have been 3 courses and coffee all done in an hour. All very strange and we were so disappointed as we were celebrating our retirement and had been looking forward to it for a while. At the end of the meal we were asked if this was our first time wonder why they did not ask that at the beginning. All very strange service has definitely taken a dip would think twice for a special occasion.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely staff. Classic and old school in style but food presented in a modern way

Everything was delicious. Even Haggis with the scallops I had to try. Not usually a fan of haggis but wow I’ve been converted

Yummy

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food in a lovely venue. A real gem of a restaurant, we had the set menu which was excellent all round. The staff were friendly and attentive. Definitely worth the walk!