“Swadish was DELISH!”

Get food delivered
Ranked #42 of 2,348 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$7 - US$41
Neighbourhood: Merchant City
Description: Modern Indian Cuisine. We take authentic flavours and create innovative and delicious food. Fantastic Vegan Menu available.
Reviewed 14 October 2021

Met up with some old school friends a couple of weeks ago in Swadish and enjoyed a delicious meal. I loved the vegan options and my friend really enjoyed the monkfish. Danielle was very knowledgeable about the food menu as well as the cocktail menu and we had a great night. Going back tomorrow for a friend's birthday and I'm looking forward to sampling the cocktails I missed out on the last time!

1  Thank 625karas
Write a reviewReviews (372)

Reviewed 14 October 2021

Went here for a girls night out and cannot recommend highly enough! The selection of dishes is so interesting and everything that arrived at the table was simply divine. The vegan choices are superb as well as the fish dishes and all topped off with some lovely wine. Also had a cheeky cocktail (maybe two) as was too good to resist.
Staff were really friendly and extremely informative when we were trying to decide what to have.
Not that it matters as I’ve already booked to go back tomorrow night as I’m determined to try everything on the menu!
Thanks Swadish

1  Thank Kira K
Reviewed 9 October 2021

Both food and service was terrible. Sauce for butter chicken and tikka was the same absolutely tasteless and felt like eating a packet meal. Garlic and coriander naan was awful. Very rare for a naan to be tasteless. Chicken tikka- Chicken pieces floating in a sauce and not even marinaded. Even a take away shop would have even marinaded a tikka dish. Several failures in basic standards of service. Poor communication and poor training. A long way for them to meet basic standards.

Date of visit: October 2021
ajay k, General Manager at Swadish, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2021

Thank you for your feedback on your overall experience. It is disappointing to know that you didn't enjoy your evening.

It is also extremely surprising to see that you called two signature dishes terrible. I wonder if you have mistakenly posted this review which was meant for a different restaurant? Swadish is a true Indian fine dining restaurant and nothing leaves the kitchen pass without head chefs quality test. Butter chicken and tikka masala are two completely different dishes and have completely different base sauce, color and texture. We have been receiving countless compliments on daily basis for them along with other dishes. I can guarantee you that our chefs know how to cook them. I haven't personally known anyone saying our naan was tasteless or awful. Your opinion on your entire meal is also very rare.

One thing I can assure you of is that had you notified our Duty manager, we would have happily fixed them to your own taste and I wish that you had done that rather than going on TripAdvisor to try and damage hardworking and struggling businesses reputations. Can I request that you do that on your visit to any other establishments, I am sure you will be surprised with how happily those businesses will resolve your issues.

Kindest Regards
Manager

Reviewed 30 September 2021

We arrived at 7:30 and didn’t get our drinks until 8:10. After taking our food order the server came back to advise that he had lost our check. So we ordered again. Some of the starters arrived about 8.30pm and the rest not until 8:50pm. No offer of another drink. The starters were delicious though! Mains arrived about 9pm with the wrong sides so we waited for them to arrive. We still were not offered another drink. Again, the mains were delicious. At about 9:20 we asked for the bill and advised that we were disappointed with the service. The manager left with our bill in hand and came back 15 mins later with a £3.25 reduction in the bill and a cheesecake for a vegan friendly table. We explained that the service was terrible and we didn’t want nor could we eat the cheesecake, but the food had been incredible and it was disappointing that this couldn’t be rectified. We were advised that the manager had called his manager and was told to remove the price of a naan bread and give us a cheesecake between 3! Terrible customer service.

Date of visit: September 2021
Reviewed 19 September 2021 via mobile

Visited with my partner on a Saturday evening after hearing very good things.
We waited a while for menus to come and for a drink order (weekend so fine), I ordered a vodka with soda and fresh lime and when it arrived some time later, it was in 4 separate glasses....(glass with vodka, glass with soda, shot glass of lime juice and a glass of ice?) never seen anything like it but ok - it was a talking point.
My partner had kale bhaji to start which were brilliant, couldn't fault them. There wasn't a check back at this point and we weren't asked when the table was cleared - there was no conversation from the server, it felt very awkward/unnattentive or we would have been complimentary of the food at this stage!
After this I then asked to see the drinks menu again, the waiter brought one over about ten minutes later but just didn't come back. Someone else brought our mains to the table but left before I could ask for a drink - it seemed impossible to get the attention of any staff for the duration of our visit, completely understand that it can get very busy but having worked in hospitality myself for years I was pretty astounded by the level of unattentiveness. There were no check backs during our mains which were also tasty thankfully, so no opportunity to express compliments for the food or to order any drinks. Just glad we had asked for water for the table at the start or we would have been pretty thirsty!
We waited a good while for the waiter to clear us after our mains and at this point just decided to get the bill.
The very good food was let down by very poor service, we would have gladly spent considerably more on drinks and dessert had this not been the case. Would be reluctant to return based on this experience which is a pity as there are other dishes on the menu we would love to try.

Date of visit: September 2021