“Inventive, beautifully presented food which tasted as good as it looked.”
Review of Swadish

Swadish
Get food delivered
Ranked #42 of 2,348 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$7 - US$41
Neighbourhood: Merchant City
Description: Modern Indian Cuisine. We take authentic flavours and create innovative and delicious food. Fantastic Vegan Menu available.
Reviewed 16 October 2021 via mobile

Just back from a fabulous meal at this lovely, contemporary Indian restaurant. They had a great choice of vegan dishes, none of which fell into the ‘I could have made this easily myself at home’ category, which is always a huge bonus for me. All food was beautifully presented, and the staff friendly and attentive without being intrusive. An excellent discovery for us, and we’ll definitely return.

1  Thank Curiosity36559002890
Write a reviewReviews (372)

Reviewed 14 October 2021

I went for a meal with my family, a long awaited dinner with them after being apart for so long during the various lockdowns and self-isolations. It was certainly worth the wait! We have a mixture of meat-lovers, vegetarians and vegans, and there was something delicious for everyone. The home-made pickles were a hit, the deserts were delicious but we had to share because we had eaten every spoonful of the mains and starters.... We are planning another visit just so we can pace ourselves and have the full 3 course experience! The staff were also very attentive and the restaurant itself is lovely. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Ceekaybee13
Reviewed 14 October 2021

Met up with some old school friends a couple of weeks ago in Swadish and enjoyed a delicious meal. I loved the vegan options and my friend really enjoyed the monkfish. Danielle was very knowledgeable about the food menu as well as the cocktail menu and we had a great night. Going back tomorrow for a friend's birthday and I'm looking forward to sampling the cocktails I missed out on the last time!

1  Thank 625karas
Reviewed 14 October 2021

Went here for a girls night out and cannot recommend highly enough! The selection of dishes is so interesting and everything that arrived at the table was simply divine. The vegan choices are superb as well as the fish dishes and all topped off with some lovely wine. Also had a cheeky cocktail (maybe two) as was too good to resist.
Staff were really friendly and extremely informative when we were trying to decide what to have.
Not that it matters as I’ve already booked to go back tomorrow night as I’m determined to try everything on the menu!
Thanks Swadish

1  Thank Kira K
Reviewed 9 October 2021

Both food and service was terrible. Sauce for butter chicken and tikka was the same absolutely tasteless and felt like eating a packet meal. Garlic and coriander naan was awful. Very rare for a naan to be tasteless. Chicken tikka- Chicken pieces floating in a sauce and not even marinaded. Even a take away shop would have even marinaded a tikka dish. Several failures in basic standards of service. Poor communication and poor training. A long way for them to meet basic standards.

Date of visit: October 2021
ajay k, General Manager at Swadish, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2021

Thank you for your feedback on your overall experience. It is disappointing to know that you didn't enjoy your evening.

It is also extremely surprising to see that you called two signature dishes terrible. I wonder if you have mistakenly posted this review which was meant for a different restaurant? Swadish is a true Indian fine dining restaurant and nothing leaves the kitchen pass without head chefs quality test. Butter chicken and tikka masala are two completely different dishes and have completely different base sauce, color and texture. We have been receiving countless compliments on daily basis for them along with other dishes. I can guarantee you that our chefs know how to cook them. I haven't personally known anyone saying our naan was tasteless or awful. Your opinion on your entire meal is also very rare.

One thing I can assure you of is that had you notified our Duty manager, we would have happily fixed them to your own taste and I wish that you had done that rather than going on TripAdvisor to try and damage hardworking and struggling businesses reputations. Can I request that you do that on your visit to any other establishments, I am sure you will be surprised with how happily those businesses will resolve your issues.

Kindest Regards