“Wow! Definitely worth a visit”
Review of Swadish

Swadish
Get food delivered
Ranked #41 of 2,342 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$7 - US$40
Neighbourhood: Merchant City
Description: Modern Indian Cuisine. We take authentic flavours and create innovative and delicious food. Fantastic Vegan Menu available.
Reviewed 18 October 2021

Modern twist on Indian cuisine, The best butter chicken curry I have ever eaten! Flavours were memorable! Partners lamb rogan josh, lamb very tender, fell off the bone and an even balance of flavours and spice. Staff attentive and friendly. Will definitely be back.

1  Thank 571linzic
Write a reviewReviews (365)

Reviewed 17 October 2021

The food and drinks here are amazing! It is clear that there has been a lot of thought put into creating a unique and modern menu. My food tasted amazing, and the prawns were slightly chargrilled which gave them a smokey flavour, which blended nicely with the spices. I enjoyed a few beers which were nice, but the biggest treat was the cocktail I had (Tommy Goes To India). It was a twist on a margarita that used Indian seasonings instead of salt, and it was great. All of the cocktails looked as unique and thought out as the food menu.

The atmosphere was warm, with candles and dimly lit (in a good way) but the music was a little unsettling. It was ambient, but included a long drone that seemed a little unsettling and a bit distracting. It wasn't a massive problem but I just wish the music was a bit more calming.

The service was really good. We were served by many members of staff, all of whom seemed busy but were still able to check on us. There wasn't a lot of personalised chat or warmth to the service but we were regularly being attended to which is the most important thing.

It is so refreshing to have a modern and Scottish take on Indian cuisine and I will definitely be back!

1  Thank TheSherbertGuy
Reviewed 16 October 2021 via mobile

Just back from a fabulous meal at this lovely, contemporary Indian restaurant. They had a great choice of vegan dishes, none of which fell into the ‘I could have made this easily myself at home’ category, which is always a huge bonus for me. All food was beautifully presented, and the staff friendly and attentive without being intrusive. An excellent discovery for us, and we’ll definitely return.

1  Thank Curiosity36559002890
Reviewed 14 October 2021

I went for a meal with my family, a long awaited dinner with them after being apart for so long during the various lockdowns and self-isolations. It was certainly worth the wait! We have a mixture of meat-lovers, vegetarians and vegans, and there was something delicious for everyone. The home-made pickles were a hit, the deserts were delicious but we had to share because we had eaten every spoonful of the mains and starters.... We are planning another visit just so we can pace ourselves and have the full 3 course experience! The staff were also very attentive and the restaurant itself is lovely. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Ceekaybee13
Reviewed 14 October 2021

Met up with some old school friends a couple of weeks ago in Swadish and enjoyed a delicious meal. I loved the vegan options and my friend really enjoyed the monkfish. Danielle was very knowledgeable about the food menu as well as the cocktail menu and we had a great night. Going back tomorrow for a friend's birthday and I'm looking forward to sampling the cocktails I missed out on the last time!

1  Thank 625karas