“Lovely fresh lunch”

Cuisines: International, Healthy
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My wife having abandoned me for the day, I contacted an old friend and arranged to meet for lunch. IKafe was suggested and agreed and we met up there. We both selected salads from the menu and both were delightfully fresh and tasty. With an open kitchen , your meal can be seen being prepared.
Contrary to previous reviews our waitresses (? PC?) were attentive and kept busy with a constant stream of hungry customers.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

awful place. food average and over priced. served us off cheesecake which nauseated one of our party. when we suggested they discounted all our deserts they were enraged, and their manager stated he was "pleased we were never coming back". staff were disinterested and rude. sticking to our pledge never to return.

3  Thank keithgillis1983
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I usually love this cafe but was recently disappointed with this last visit. Ordered soup and a pile up (salad and tuna bruschetta) - the soup was really dreadful - oily, watery, no flavour, very little veg - fair enough but it was described as chunky veg soup! My husbands sandwich was disappointing too although the coffees and the service were good. Maybe just bad luck on this occasion.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

First visit to Ikafe for coffee. Reasonable standard, reasonable price. Staff were very busy standing about using their iphones oblivious to the customers. The three staff stood in a line behind the bar staring intently at their phones.Despite trying to catch their attention for the bill it took me at least 5min to request my bill. Needless to say I left no tip. No return visit from me.

Reviewed 12 March 2013

Found myself on the south side of Glasgow and looking for a bite to eat. Spotted this little cafe and I'm delighted Ia chose to pop in. From the friendly service to the wonderful food this really was a great find. Pasta with smoked haddock and ham was sensational as was the apple strudel that just had to follow.
Definitely be back there soon.