4,480 results
All reviewschampagne bartempus restauranttrain stationchampagne centralgordon streettaxi rankhope streetjunior suitelovely hotelstreet noiselovely roomstandard rooman overnight stayhaggisstayed for one nightsaturday nightcentre of glasgow
Reviewed 31 January 2012

The hotel is in an absolutely perfect location. As the name says it is a Grand hotel, it looks grand, the rooms are grand and it just has this certain something about it.
The room I stayed in was huge and the bathroom......I could have easily just stayed in the bathroom.
It is also quite funny to have a view out your window of the Glasgow Central Station :)
The hotel was refurbished quite recently so everything looks great!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
champagnecentral, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Thank you for your review and top rating of 5.

Our internal facing rooms which overlook the concourse of Glasgow Central Station are certainly unique and great for people watching; I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

A friend had recommended the Grand Central as it had been refurbed and I had previously tried "Champagne Central" and thought it was lovely. Upon check in we were told our booking had not gone through (we booked last minute through booking.com) we handed over our confirmation and without any fuss the receptionist checked the availiability of the rooms and unfortunately there were no double rooms left but she put us straight into a suite and I have to say it was absolutely stunning, it was massive! The staircase leading up to the rooms is hard work (we had a room on the third floor) I'd suggest the lift but the staircase itself is stunning as is the giant chandelier. The room had a giant comfy bed, flat screen tv, plug sockets at dressing table (I always find most hotels lack with plug sockets being near mirrors) and the bathroom was so clean and the complimentry toiletries included conditioner which is fab! Also, bathrobes and slippers. I will most definitely be staying again. Thanks for a great stay

Room Tip: If you have the spare cash, try a suite!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank L M
champagnecentral, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2012

Top rating of 5 and fantastic review - Thank you!

I am delighted that you were impressed with the hotel, especially the suites; our aim is to create an outstanding experience and I do believe by your comments we have achieved this.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back and why not book with us direct next time check out our Trip Advisor homepage for promotion details.

Kind regards

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed here in November as part of an internet deal which included, wine in room, chocolates and free champagne voucher in bar. Great value deal and hotel didn't disappoint. Queen bedded room was spacious,tastefully decorated and although it faced onto the busy Gordon Street side of the hotel (in front of taxi rank) we were not disturbed by noise if the window was closed) Good breakfast, very helpful staff!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review.

It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that any street noise was not heard in your Gordon Street facing room during your stay.

I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Great Hotel and the Staff had a great sense of humour. Location was fantastic and the rooms were lovely and spacious. We didn't have a bath, ours was shower only but that suited me fine. Was a power shower with great pressure. Lovely. All in all will definitely go back there next year.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
champagnecentral, General Manager at Grand Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

I am delighted that the fun started as soon as you arrived at the Grand Central Hotel and that our Friendly Service Award winning staff were on hand with a great sense of humour; we pride ourselves on the high level of customer service we offer.

Thank you for taking the time to review with a top rating of 5, we are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed here a number of years ago and swore we would never return, however having had a huge renovation we decided to give it another go, we were not disappointed, the hotel has been tastefully redecorated, and looks amazing, the location couldn't be better, the only down side was the champagne bar, the surroundings were lovely, unfortunately there was children running around for most of the night and I feel it should be a child free zone, also the music was far to loud and felt ourselves having to shout to be heard. Apart from that a beautiful hotel and would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

I am glad that you had chosen to return and you were not disappointed; we are very proud of what Principal Hayley has achieved with the restoration of the Grand Central Hotel.

Word of mouth is so important and I am again delighted that you will be recommending the Grand Central Hotel to others, we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kind regards