See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Arrived didn’t know what to expect after reading the reviews but we enjoyed our stay room nice and clean only problem was the tiles on the bathroom floor but that’s all girl on reception when we checked in very helpful also when checked out they kept our bags for us will be back for sure

Date of stay: April 2018
1  Thank john david M
Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

If I could give this place minus figures, I would. I arrived at this hotel with a confirmed online booking for two nights. The receptionist - I think owner - behind a pokey wee window in a dingy ha- as soon as she saw my assistance dog treated me with contempt and said no dogs were allowed. I explained he was no ordinary dog but a highly trained assistance dog required for my disability - not only that but I said very politely it was the law that they take assistance dogs and they were not allowed to refuse me. Not here, she sneered. Obviously she thinks she’s above the law. There was absolutely no talking to her. Worse still she refused to refund me the prepaid two nights - I was kicked out into the cold with the dog and we were left freezing In the snow while I tried to source alternative last minute accommodation. The booking website got nowhere with her either. I’m so upset and angry that people like this still exist - a terrible advert for Glasgow and humankind.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Sophie M
Reviewed 6 February 2018 via mobile

Well the decision is ultimately yours but I won’t be back. Certainly not value for money. £103 for the night. The bed was terrible and the room just a joke. Holes and rips in the curtains.

I have stayed in budget hotels and never been one to complain but this was terrible.

Date of stay: February 2018
2  Thank scotty_9662
Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

I have visited this hotel 4 times. 2 out of 4 have been so bad it’s laughable!

Absolutely sickened to my stomach by the “service” of this hotel. When I arrived it looked as though the staff had given up halfway through preparing my room.

-towels thrown on bed
-soap dispenser with no soap
-toilet tissue dispenser not filled (tissue was sitting on cistern)
-fluff on carpet
-telephone not connected to anything

I went for a cigarette at midnight out of (apparently) a fire exit door with signs to reception. After my cigarette I went back inside and was shouted after by a extremely rude gentleman on reception who actually shouted “Don’t use the fire exit next time” to which I threw my hands up in apology! He did not say anything but alas he adjusted his glasses and just stared at me.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Took the ‘Mackintosh at the GSA’ tour yesterday and it was a very informative and interesting tour. The French student who took the tour, Lola, was incredibly passionate and knowledgeable about Mackintosh and this added to the experience. Not sure how long she has been in Glasgow but the language is rubbing off with the use of the word ‘wee’! Sounds amazing with a French accent! Keep up the good work! We will be back for a further visit once the restoration work is complete.

Date of stay: January 2018