“Outstanding food and service”
Review of Opium

Opium
Ranked #42 of 2,553 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Opium specialises in oriental fusion cuisine, offering a mix of traditional Dim Sum and fusion dishes. We're open everyday and look forward to welcoming you here at 191 Hope Street. Located in the heart of Glasgow city centre, Opium is great for a working lunch or to catch up with friends. As night falls our interior transforms, it's perfect for an intimate dinner or a celebration with family and friends.
Reviewed 14 September 2017

I visited Opium with a large party for my birthday. The service was excellent and the staff were attentive for the duration of the evening. The restaurant has a contemporary decor and a welcoming atmosphere.

Everyone in my party commented on the quality of the food they received. The menu has a wide variety of options for dim sum and main courses, which accommodated the different dietary requirements in our group, including gluten free and vegan. We also enjoyed the large selection of cocktails. I personally enjoyed the cordycep dumplings and homemade tofu in the hotpot.

The quality of the food and service, as well as special touches such as receiving a cocktail on the house and a surprise birthday cake really added to the evening. I would thoroughly recommend Opium and hope to return soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,233)

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Another addition to Glasgow's list of excellent restaurants. The food, service and ambience at Opium all make for a quality night out.

We had crab and chive dumplings, chicken satay for starters. Prawn and scallops chilli, pomegranate sweet and sour chicken, as our main course. Every dish was delicious.

My wife added a new cocktail to her growing repertoire.

A very enjoyable way to spend a Monday evening.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We loved our meal here, the staff were fantastic, the owner came over and met us and chatted about the restaurant. We had salt and chilli squid and soft shell crab to start then the seafood medley and chilli beef for mains all just magic! We are telling everyone about our meal and look forward to coming back, thanks to all staff

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Amazing food that was beautifully presented. Only slight issue would be that the service can often make you feel rushed (taking plates the second you finish your food) and the price is a little bit high.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

Went to Opium with a colleague years ago and even when back in the city this long later I still remembered roughly where it was due to how impressed i'd been that evening.
Second visit did not disappoint with the atmosphere just as warming and the staff just as welcoming - most importantly though the food was outstanding.
If you are looking for authentic asian cuisine in a modern setting then this is where you have to go. It's a small restaurant but that only tells me quality should be high, from the first mouthful you can tell that this is the case.
My pork was so moist and tender and melted in my mouth, the broth was simply delicious!
Another fantastic evening, so pleased to see a small central restaurant going from strength to strength.