“Fantastic Service, lovely food”

Caprese - Don Costanzo
Reserve with OpenTable
Caprese - Don Costanzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 2,682 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Don Costanzo is an Italian Restaurant located in the basement of 13 Woodside Crescent, Glasgow G3. Formerly the location of Nick Nairn's restaurant, it has been transformed into a warm, homely welcoming restaurant where you can enjoy the best of authentic, home cooked Italian cuisine. Don Costanzo was opened after the closure of The Caprese in Buchanan Street, a long established restaurant of 26 years, owned and run by Costanzo Cacace and his family. Costanzo gained the reputation of offering the best of the best to the best of the best. Clientèle from across the globe, famous and not so famous, enjoyed what Costanzo offered in the Caprese - fantastic food in a great atmosphere - and those people have returned to Don Costanzo for more of the same. Using only the best ingredients and produce, and with an impressive wine list to suit every taste, a trip to Costanzo's will not disappoint. Easily reached from both the city centre and west end with plentiful street parking and good transport links.
Reviewed 2 February 2017

My fiance took me here for a birthday meal and the food and service were both excellent.
There weren't any pizzas on the menu which I found strange for an Italian (albeit I believe this is deliberate). My fiance would have died of embarrassment if I asked for a pizza at a fancy restaurant for my birthday lol!
My fiance had the calamari to start and I had a special which was a red pepper stuffed with breaded veal if memory serves. Both were amazing. I had amatriciana pasta for mains which was lovely and my fiance had a Scotch Fillet steak with pate and brandy sauce which he said was to die for! We both had apple pie with ice cream and a salted caramel sauce and could barely move!
I had some lovely long vodkas and finished it off with a lemoncello while my fiance had a latte.
We had some good chat with the owner/staff about current TV programmes as well as the general friendly banter that was always present.
The service was really exceptional, I can't rate it enough.
We will definitely return in the future.

2  Thank blackfluffy_kat

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Visited last night for the first time with family, we all loved our meals, The restaurant itself is lovely, so authentic, feels like you're in Italy! Staff are really lovely too. Had the aubergine parmigiana to start, spaghetti tiger prawns and tiramisu, all amazing, probably the best spaghetti tiger prawns I've ever eaten, and tiramisu in fact! Really glad we visited this hidden gem, will definitely be back. :)

Reviewed 28 January 2017

My wife had organised this booking, for our Friend's 65 th Birthday , it was a great experience indeed , good food , great Music, great Singer in Santino Leto , who plays last Friday of each Month ,loved the atmosphere

Reviewed 10 January 2017 via mobile

When I worked in Glasgow, my colleagues and I were regulars at the Caprese on Buchanan Street.

This weekend I was back in Glasgow and looking for a place to eat with the family and lamenting that the Caprese was closed (and demolished), I decided to google it. I'm very glad that I did as the team from Caprese have moved over to Charing Cross.

We popped in at 5pm on Saturday evening just as the restaurant was opening. We were made to feel very comfortable by the staff.

We had a wonderful meal. We had soups from the menu (well, this is Glasgow on. January evening) and we had haddock and prawns specials. The meals tasted fab - everything tasting very fresh. A shared home-made apple pie like a tarte tatin to finish.

There's no kids menu, but we selected a pasta dish and were offered a small portion which was very well received by our wee one.

Can't wait to get back now I know that it's there!

Reviewed 17 December 2016

A great wee place. I have walked past this restaurant countless times, and never gone in, despite my curiosity. Went in last night and had a really good experience. The owner and his team could not have been more friendly and helpful, and the food was delicious. I had the veal in a lemon sauce, which was superlative, and one of our group had fresh sea bream (the owner has daily trips to the fish market) which was great.
Will certainly be visiting here again!