“Eating here is mandatory if you like Italian”
Review of Don Costanzo

Don Costanzo
Reserve with OpenTable
Don Costanzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #113 of 2,622 Restaurants in Glasgow
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Don Costanzo is an Italian Restaurant located in the basement of 13 Woodside Crescent, Glasgow G3. Formerly the location of Nick Nairn's restaurant, it has been transformed into a warm, homely welcoming restaurant where you can enjoy the best of authentic, home cooked Italian cuisine. Don Costanzo was opened after the closure of The Caprese in Buchanan Street, a long established restaurant of 26 years, owned and run by Costanzo Cacace and his family. Costanzo gained the reputation of offering the best of the best to the best of the best. Clientèle from across the globe, famous and not so famous, enjoyed what Costanzo offered in the Caprese - fantastic food in a great atmosphere - and those people have returned to Don Costanzo for more of the same. Using only the best ingredients and produce, and with an impressive wine list to suit every taste, a trip to Costanzo's will not disappoint. Easily reached from both the city centre and west end with plentiful street parking and good transport links.
Reviewed 7 July 2017

I would give 6 stars for this place, just for the food. The selection is huge, and the quality was outstanding and prepared properly.

The place is family run, so the staff know all their dishes inside out, are super helpful and friendly.

Must-see....for you, and must-return for me!

2  Thank Florian S

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

I love this restaurant. We used to go here when it was located in Buchanan Street. Now it is in Woodside Crescent and it is every bit as good if not better than before. The restaurant is bigger and brighter. The food is fresh and delicious. Costanzo is still there and gives his charismatic charm to the restaurant. I would recommend this restaurant to everybody. They do a special music evening in the last Friday of every month. I fully intend to try it out.

1  Thank Paula B
Reviewed 20 June 2017 via mobile

My partner and I had dinner at Don Costanzo on Saturday 17th June and we just wish we went sooner. We had the most amazing experience. The food was to die for, absolutely delicious, and the staff are incredible. Every one of them made us feel so welcome and it truly did feel like a real Italian experience. If you are looking for good quality food at a reasonable price, Don Costanzo will not disappoint. We cannot wait to return.

Reviewed 3 May 2017 via mobile

Delicious pasta and the best apple pie! Staff were so, so lovely! Wish I was staying longer in Glasgow so I could come back!

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

This was my first (but not last) visit. I had read good things and they were true.

This charming and slightly hidden restaurant isa real find. The staff are all family from what I saw and it really does feel a bit like going to dinner at their place. The feel I got was like going to a family dinner at your partner's uncle and aunt's, butnot for the first time.. If that makes sense. What I mean is you're not quite part of the family and the hosts are still scurrying about making sure that you have everything, but it's still really relaxed and friendly.

The food is really good and the classic Italian style of the owner really wanting you to enjoy things (even to the point where he wanders through and tells you not to fill up on bread because you'll want to save some for the sauce....and he's right) shines through. Everything is so relaxed that you end up with the whole room talking to each other, which is sadly missing in the UK these days.

There were a few regulars in when we went and I was pleased to see how well they were treated. The dad/chef/owner would come to greet them personally in a warm embrace and he would sit with them and catch up for a few minutes. Not to say he ignored the rest of us, as he would enthusiastically approach each table and give recommendations for us to try. At one point he was listing the spexials and trailed off with "just really whatever you want" and I actually believe he would just make whatever you asked for.

All in all a great wee eatery with good food, good drink, great service and a terrific atmosphere.