“Relaxing Lunch”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

After collecting my daughter from the train on her return from Uni we called in for a relaxing catch up over lunch. The restaurant was busy but we were in no rush. Staff were friendly and food was good. We chose the £11.95 two course lunch which was great. Portions were good size and tasty.

Carluccios G, Manager at Carluccio's - Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Ciao Alison,

We are so happy to read your lovely words. It is really important deliver a proper guest care for us at all the times! Register to our email list via our website, you might come back for try new Italian summer dishes with your daughter.

Have a good day - A presto,

Assistant Manager

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Having just lost my dad, my sister and I had joined my mum in a rather upsetting morning at the bank closing his accounts. What got me through it was the thought of a nice lunch.
We decided on Carluccio's on West Nile Street. We didnt have a booking and arrived at lunch time. We expected a bit of a wait, but were lucky enough to be shown straight to a lovely booth seat.
We ate well, and the staff were lovely, top marks to Edyta, she kept us in her sights at all times. She gave us time between courses and then time before teas and coffee. Never once did we feel rushed or in the way. We saw the restaurant fill up around us and we were still treated well.
We couldnt have been treated better if people had known our situation.
Edyta is a star in my books for making our tough day less traumatic.
PS Thank you.

Carluccios G, Manager at Carluccio's - Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

ciao jillian w
thank you so much for leaving this beautiful review.
Edyta is part of our staff since long time and she knows how deliver the best service to our guest
I hope to see you again soon
cordiali saluti
matteo

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

This is a lovely Italian cafe/restaurant. Extremely modern, spacious & airy. There
is a deli for take out, coffee’s, variety of
cheese, truffle oils etc or if you want lunch/dinner after a busy day shopping. This artisan hidden gem is in West Nile St . There are the regular staples such as lasagna etc or chefs specialities from Northern Italy.
We visited this fantastic gem of a place 23/3/18, sitting in the corner of West Nile St & Drury St people watching due the numbers of Scotland supporters swarming the city in Kilts. Both my husband & I choose the Chicken Saltimbocca done in a white sauce, with roast potatoes tossed in rocket was amazing. Now Italian is my favourite normally selecting pasta dishes but the young waiter suggested the chefs specials or the dish that we opted for. We’re so glad we did this dish was absolutely amazing. John had ordered Formaggi,(cheese board) accompanied with white truffle honey. This honey was fantastic & would definitely recommend.
At every Italian rest we visit I ALWAYS order tirimasu & I have to admit this is the best I have ever tasted.
For those of you don’t know your way around Glasgow this hidden gem can be found (if standing outside Frasers, walking upwards to Buchanan Galleries), stay in the same side as Frasers turn left at the 1st alleyway, you should see an overhead McIntosh sign). Walk through the alleyway which leads onto West Nile St, turn right & approx 100yrds on left side you will find Carluccios. Not to be missed, one of the best Glasgow has to offer.

Carluccios G, Manager at Carluccio's - Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

ciao liz
thank you so much to leave this beautiful review. i would like to recommend you to try our new Breakfast
menu and we hope to see you soon in our restaurant.

tanti saluti]
Matteo

Reviewed 19 March 2018

Visit Carluccio's once a month or so for business meetings. Staff are friendly and helpful, great coffee and you can always get a table.

Carluccios G, Manager at Carluccio's - Glasgow, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Ciao Neil,

Glad to read that you are a regular member of our family! Have you got your coffee-loyalty card? If not, feel free to ask to any staff member.

Grazie Mille,

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed our visit to Carluccio’s where the breakfast was simply superb.

No complaints whatsoever.

Good food, great service and all in a very pleasant atmosphere.

Highlight? The Americano coffee was hot, strong and very tasty, just the way it should be.

Recommend.

Ciao bogheadben,

Thanks for leave your lovely review!
Soon we are going to have a brand new breakfast range with more vegetarian & vegan alternatives. Subscribe to our email list through our website to be always on track.

Thank from all Glasgow team & I hope to see you soon,