US$185
US$171
US$280
US$225
  • Restaurant
Glasgow Marriott Hotel(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$209
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Jurys Inn Glasgow(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$101
US$159
US$132
  • Restaurant
Ibis Glasgow City Centre(Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$62
US$66
US$51
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbotanic gardensbyres roadqueen margaretwest endwell equipped kitchenindependent shopsbyres rdlots of hot watercity centrelarge roomwould definitely stay here againquiet areaspecial thanksdouble bedexcellent locationgood sizecooker
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

we came here as we friends in glasgow and wanted a room with a bit more room than average as we have a 2 year old...what a lovely welcome we had from gary from the off and helped us to our room and explained where things are.he also made a point of talking to our daughter darcie.the room was a good size and all the utensils you need.was kind of oldie worldly but in a charming way.breakfast was lovely and hot and again the staff we saw in the morning were just as pleasent.there are lots to do near by with places to eat and drink and a local tesco and londis for any bits you may need...we learnt aswell that you can only purchase alcohol between 10am and 10pm and when we had been back from visiting friends and wanted a bottle of wine we ended up having pop!:-)...we will remember this next time!...so would we stay again?yes we had a lovely time and your staff are a credit to you,please give special thanks to gary

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank emmalufc
robertmcq, Owner at Embassy Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your amazing feedback. We are glad you found everything to be of a very high standard. Gary is a very experienced manager who takes pride and pleasure in everything he does and your very kind comments have been passed on to Gary and the other staff who are thrilled with your responses.

Hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back in the very near future.

Regards

Robert

Reviewed 27 February 2018

My wife and myself, on holiday from Australia, decided to stay here in August and September last year, as we both knew the area exceptionally well. The apartments are in a listed Victorian terrace, which was originally a single dwelling, now converted to self contained units. This was exactly the type of place we wanted, rather than be in a hotel/motel. The kitchens were just big enough for making small meals, which we did a few times.
All the staff were helpful and one even chased a builders truck away from the back lane that was blocking access. That's service!!!
The car park at the back's a bit tight, but these houses weren't built to accommodate the number of vehicles that are around now. I tried to park in the street as often as I could, but now and again someone would park in the "no standing" area outside the front door, which made it really difficult to turn the car round. Maybe a pot of double striped yellow paint could be used here.I was very cautious about not scratching my hire car, but managed to drive round Clouston Lane without any problems. My main concern was an uncovered drain just at the corner that could trap a wheel if it was driven over, but I don't know if the council are aware of it or not.
This small part of Glasgow hasn't really changed too much over the decades, and it was good to be central for everything. The Botanics were either just across the road where you could go down the path and over the hump back bridge, or cross Queen Margaret bridge instead.
Byres Rd was 5 minutes away and if we wanted to go in to town, we just travelled on the subway. The trains are totally different to the old red ones.
My only disappointment was that Partick Thistle were playing away each time we stayed here!!!!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
robertmcq, Owner at Embassy Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

We are sorry that we couldn't arrange a home game for Partick Thistle while you were here!
On a more serious note thank you for such a good review, your comments will be passed on to the staff and rest assured that the drain cover has now been replaced and is no longer a hazard. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Indeed our location in the lively west end proves a big bonus for most of our guests and we are glad you enjoyed that too. We hope that we can welcome you back the next time you visit Glasgow

Reviewed 8 July 2017

Website says 4 star luxury apartments and very disappointed that we were actually staying in 3 star apartments. Luxury it was not. Details 3 star on door outside. This was very misleading as we had hoped to be staying in a better quality accommodation. We stayed in apartment one. The lighting was terrible, tap on sink falling to bits, dirty toaster, old tea still in teapot, cooker old (didn't use it), dusty in places especially back and around bedside cabinet. On the plus side: lovely welcome, very quiet area, beds were extremely comfy, loved the West End great bars shops and restaurants, bathroom was relatively new. Although we had everything we needed it and it did its purpose we felt we had been misled by the website and were disappointed. I did like the area right next to Botanic gardens which are beautiful and good transport links to city centre.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
robertmcq, Owner at Embassy Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2017

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our apartments and all of your positive comments, it is greatly appreciated. As I do take seriously all of my guests’ comments I have personally investigated the negative issues raised in your review.
Our self-catering apartments are three star and this is clearly signed on and around our apartments and on our various literature. I can only apologise for the mistake on our website, which has now been rectified. This was a genuine error by our web company and was in no way intended to mislead.
I have checked the lighting in apartment one and have counted eight separate lights, our commitment to a greener environment means we use energy efficient bulbs, so perhaps these are what you found unsatisfactory. I have also checked the tap you mentioned and it was slightly loose (now repaired) but hardly “falling apart”. The cooker was spotlessly clean and in full working order.
As regards other housekeeping issues, if you had raised any complaint at all with the duty manager they would have done everything in their power to put it right.
Hopefully these small issues did not spoil your visit and I am glad to read that you had a good night’s sleep and enjoyed Glasgow’s vibrant west end and the lovely Botanic Gardens that are on our doorstep.

Reviewed 13 May 2017

We spent two nights in the Ambassador to celebrate our friends birthday. We thought the location was ideal for us in a quiet area, near to the botanic gardens and the West End of Glasgow. The three bed room was large with a small but well equipped kitchen . Everything was clean and newly decorated,. I was pleased to find the shower had plentyof hot water in the morning. The beds were very comfotable. The only small change I would make woul be to add black out linings to the curtains as we were wakened by the early morning Sun.
Angela at the reception was helpful and ,though she could not fit us in for breakfast since we hadn't booked it , she directed us to the charming cafes just around the corner, which were excellent. Thanks for a brilliant couple of nights, we'd definately recommend the Ambassador!

Room Tip: We stayed in the apartment room at the rear which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
robertmcq, Owner at Embassy Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Thank you for your review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward in seeing yous again in the near future.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

It is a refreshing change to find accommodation at a reasonable price for a family of four. We had a super spacious room with one double bed and three single beds. There was a well equipped kitchen so we ate our b'fasts there and did not use the hotel next door, I'm sure that would have been fine as it has been refurbished. The apartment had lots of hot water and the shower works great but it does need to have a new cubicle and the cooker could be doing with some TLC. I understand there is some work to be done on the apartments next so I look forward even more to staying again in the future.

Room Tip: Room 6 is very spacious.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
robertmcq, Owner at Embassy Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.