“The best dining experience we’ve ever had!”

Gamba Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #50 of 2,616 Restaurants in Glasgow
Price range: US$9 - US$48
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Cross street: West Campbell Street
Transit: Buchanan St underground is a short walk. Queen St station and Glasgow Central station are both close by.
Description: The award-winning Gamba restaurant in Glasgow serves the best seafood available in its own unique style, and has established a formidable reputation for quality.
Reviewed 30 March 2018

From the moment we stepped into Gamba we knew we were going to have a good time, the atmosphere was warm and welcoming,the staff super friendly and the smells were delicious. We had cocktails at the bar which although not on the list, it was no problem to order them. When our table was ready our drinks were taken for us. Canapés were brought to the table whilst we looked at the menu - delicious. We each enjoyed a starter, main and couldn’t resist dessert. The food was simply the best we’ve ever had, utterly devine, I didn’t want to finish. Louisa and her staff were very attentive, big compliments to Derek the chef. We will be back, hopefully very soon!

2  Thank Michael M
GambaGlasgow, General Manager at Gamba Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi Michael M!

Thank you very much for sharing your dinner experience at Gamba!
I will pass on all your kind comments to the team and Derek himself.

Hopefully you will visit us soon.

Best fishes,

Luiza Devarajan

Write a ReviewReviews (1,316)

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Early Saturday evening dinner for 2.

Gamba is a very soothing and pleasant place to visit. Staff are friendly and attentive.

We went a la carte with the fish soup, Mayberry smoked salmon starters. I could still, two weeks on, be happily eating the fish soup. Delicious as was the salmon starter.

I had the monkfish and scallops and my partner the whole roast sea bream. Both were delicious.

We shared a cheeseboard for afters.

All in, a very pleasant meal.

Very efficient and friendly service.

1  Thank jimglas01

Hi jimglas01!

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this kind review. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the food and service. I have let our team know of your feedback.
We look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Came through from Edinburgh for the second time,was as lovely as the first.
Service,wine was really nice,am not a huge white wine fan but even the cheaper one that was highlighted was good.
Food was great,only reason that it didn't get 5 stars I thought my crab starter was a bit tasteless.

1  Thank andyhEdinburgh

Hi andyhEdinburgh!

Thank you for taking the time to share your dining experience at Gamba. I'm glad you enjoyed our service, food and wine! Our recommended wine of the month Pinot Grigio from Romania is highly popular!
I'm sorry to hear that Portland crab meat starter wasn't to your taste. This dish is built up with delicate flavours.
Hope you can join us again soon.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

I went to the restaurant twice basically because me and my wife loved the restaurant a lot. We were attended by Thomas a very Kind and polite waiter. The Main, wine, side and desert was perfect. So… I recommend clearly this restaurant for anyone who loves sea food. So Just Try it!

GambaGlasgow, General Manager at Gamba Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Hi Bruno F,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback regards your visit to Gamba. Your comments are very much appreciated and I have passed them to Thomas, who is great asset to our team.

We hope to welcome you soon again.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I really liked the seafood. The price is expensive but the quality is very good. Just the wine was a bit subpar

1  Thank Tomas L
GambaGlasgow, General Manager at Gamba Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2018

Hi Tomas L,

Thank you for taking the time sharing your dinner experience at Gamba.
I appreciate your feedback with regards to quality, as I believe we source sustainable ingredients of the highest quality.
Hopefully you will join us again soon.