“Goodbye soft shell crab as we knew it..😢”
Review of asia style - CLOSED

asia style
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Completely new owners/chef, confirmed by lovely new young waiter struggling with all the complaints. Goodbye Asia Style, hello average Chinese restaurant.

2  Thank Lynne J

Reviewed 17 September 2015

Having been a huge fan of Asia Style for years, we were a bit wary when we saw that the name has changed to AsiaMa and that a new management was in place - never a good sign generally. Unfortunately, our concerns were proved to be well-placed as this evening's meal was terribly disappointing.
For a start, prices have been hiked. They now charge double as standard for soft shell crab, so a small box of it counts as two portions at £9, which is extortionate for what you get.
When it comes to mains, the overall impression is that corners have been cut, the quality of ingredients have been compromised. The lemon chicken sauce was synthetic and saccharine-sweet, where previously it had been a subtle honey-lemon flavour. Likewise, for the Three Delights, or Three Kinds of Stuff as it has been re-christened, the soy-onion sauce was thin, bland and lacking the depth of flavour we were used to.
Certainly, what we had was not inedible, but we were left feeling severely short-changed. The service under the old management may have been a bit haphazard, but the food was never anything other than delicious. I doubt we'll go back, which is a bit sad as it's been a much-loved place for us.

3  Thank Pasha1874
Reviewed 9 September 2015 via mobile

Been a regular customer to the old Asia style for years,and was the best Chinese in Glasgow the pancake rolls were amazing,now it has been refurbished it has all gone wrong menu has shrunk staff have changed and clearly don't want to be there which the make very apparent but most of all the quality has plummeted and price gone up,ordered a classic Malaysian style chicken curry and was very poor they didn't even sell prawn crackers I know not the most traditional of Malaysian dishes but come on wee are in Glasgow!!needs to go bk to the old ways.i will never set foot in this restaurant again.

2  Thank Tony C
Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

This restaurant has always been special for my husband and I, although it was a bit rough round the edges it had great service and brilliant food. The soft shell baby crab was always a special little treat!

We turned up last night and what has happened to the place? It's had a bit of a paint job but the staff are miserable and unhelpful. The baby crab no longer exists and has been replaced by 4 small adult crabs and it really didn't taste good. I was really gutted. I ordered the curried lamb pot- it was mostly fat. The plum sauce pork chops were nice though.

The dishes have shrunk, the prices have increased, the ingredients are cheaper and the staff are miserable. I cannot express how disappointed I am and I will never be back.

2  Thank fabulous_fi
Reviewed 31 August 2015

This place is now called Asiama and is not run by the same folk. Bland, pricey and no more soft shell baby crab. Tragic.

6  Thank ajm1002015