Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.comUS$51
PricelineUS$51
Trip.comUS$88
TripadvisorUS$51
StayForLong
eDreamsUS$51
4,589 results
All reviews woodshed bar fun house family suite crazy golf kids club soft play breakfast and dinner family break outdoor activities bit dated play park evening entertainment both nights short break surrounding area funhouse woolshed
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 November 2021

Having stayed in hotels across Scotland regularly for business and leisure, I have seldom experienced such poor customer service. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and clearly have to deal with an ageing infrastructure and a very tired hotel.
This place was once excellent and unfortunately has now degenerated to a level that I would strongly recommend staying away from.
This is not a cheap place and we paid over £500 for two nights accommodation with food and drink. The room had a sticker over the door confirming that an extra high level of cleaning had taken place which was the start of the problems. The wall above our 3 x year olds bed had what looked like a smear of blood on it, the sanitary ware was cracked and surfaces in the room had not even been wiped down with a thick level of dust evident.
I recorded all this on my phone and sent a polite complaint to the duty manager when I returned home. This was ignored (twice) and I finally copied in an area manager which generated a response. Several letters later and no refund or compensation was offered other than a free night in the same hotel which we declined.
Under the current Covid situation I would suggest this hotel is a significant health and safety risk and I would avoid at all costs. The prices are high for both accommodation and drink which I find inexcusable and they are clearly profiting at the expense of peoples safety.
A work colleague had a similar experience the week later and reported serious concerns on the approach to cleanliness in the rooms and restaurant.
Find somewhere else which will give you better value for money and a more pleasurable experience for you and your family.
Britannia Hotels are worth looking up in advance as they consistently return very poor ratings and I wish I had looked at these prior to booking.

Date of stay: September 2021
3  Thank lewispate
Reviewed 31 October 2021 via mobile

Firstly. Reception told us where nothing was upon check in. We then go to the bar. £14 for 2 glasses of pinot grigio once my money is taken without even offer of my £1 change I am made aware it is £9.95 for a full bottle. We then go for dinner. The buffet was 2 star Spain quality. We ended phoning in a takeway in which the delivery driver told me happens often. The arcade area and reception had a leaking celling. Our bedroom was small dated and dusty, my partner got shouted at breakfast for making her own toast. Cash machine always empty. I cannot think of any redeeming features for this hotel. It's the fawlty towers and that's being generous. 4 star is living off the old Hilton rating for sure.

2  Thank FellowTraveler686639
Reviewed 31 October 2021 via mobile

Where do you begin... inept staff. Leaky roofs. Abysmal food. Overpriced drink. Freezing pool. Dusty and small rooms. Treated like children at breakfast where you can't even make your own toast (Which if you try to do, are shouted at!) There are no redeeming features. Avoid at ALL cost. 4*? Did they find 2* in a lucky bag?

1  Thank 67vikkir
Reviewed 29 October 2021

We go to Aviemore once a year and stay at the Coylumbridge Hotel. This year stuck out as the best yet. We returned with our 1 year old and had a great time. The hotel room was spacious and clean, with front of house staff providing us with any additional requests without issue. We stayed for 4 nights and ate at the hotel 2 of the nights. The staff were lovely, so warm and friendly and very interactive with our daughter. The food at the restaurant for dinner was lovely, with everything cooked to perfection. We used the pool without issue each day and enjoyed the lovely heated water. Our daughter loved using the softplay each day at the fun house with it only being £1.50 for her age group. My husband and I enjoyed a really fun game of crazy golf. We can't wait to come back next year!

Reviewed 28 October 2021

Having read the reviews on this hotel, we approached our stay here with much trepidation. Thankfully we found poor reviews to be wildly exaggerated. The hotel lobby is large and spacious with plenty of comfortable seating and a wonderful retro 70's vibe. We were met at the desk by William who proceeded to attend to our every need in a very friendly and welcoming manner. We were allocated two comfortable rooms with two large beds and all the facilities we needed. Eg. Coffee, tea, iron, hairdryer etc. We decided to eat at the hotel on both evenings of our stay and found ourselves greeted and seated by the wonderful Brian, who again was keen to meet our every need and have a great laugh and a joke with us. The food was a buffet and was plentiful and varied. Lots of choice, tasty and enjoyable. There are fantastic facilities for all ages with both children and dogs very well catered for. It is situated in close proximity to Aviemore and set in beautiful surroundings with a lovely river for dog walks at the back of the hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would like to add our review as we feel the recent reviews were unfair and not a true representation of this great hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends