6 people are viewing this hotel
US$49
Free cancellation until 09/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$50
PricelineUS$49
Hotels.comUS$50
ZenHotels.comUS$87
4,725 results
All reviews woodshed bar inverdruie restaurant family suite crazy golf kids club soft play breakfast and dinner family break outdoor activities bit dated play park evening entertainment both nights short break surrounding area funhouse woolshed
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 August 2022

Just back from weekend with friends at this hotel.
Not the cheapest hotel £350 for 2nights.
Room was a joke. Double bed was against wall. No drawers or wardode. It was a poor single bed room at best. Went to ask for room change, only answer i got was we are full no spare rooms, i can get you the manager if you want a refund was the answer..
Hotels wasnt clean. Lobby not hoovered or dusted in days. Previous nights glasses still in lounge/bar. Final straw was serving drinks in plastic glasses. Loads of dirty glasses pilled up nor getting washed. Regrettable stay.
Will never return to this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2022

Having stayed at the Coylumbrridge Hotel numerous times during my childhood, I was looking forward to sharing the experience with my own family. Unfortunately, on this occasion, the overall experience was memorable for all the wrong reasons.

1. Rude reception staff who have no interest in providing a positive experience for their guests.
2. A queue to check in which extended all the way from reception to main entrance of the hotel.
3. Corridors smelling heavily of bleach and or disinfectant.
4. Dated rooms with a tiny bath and no hot water on the 2nd day of our visit.
5. A common lounge area which didn't look as though it had been cleaned in months, with dirty tables.and worn furniture.
6. A pool area in serious need of updating with significant areas of damp on the ceiling.
7. No indication when booking dinner bed and breakfast that the 'dinner' was in fact a buffet arrangement severely lacking in any quality.
8. Waiting staff with limited ability to communicate in English who have no knowledge of even the basic drinks available.
9. Poor hygiene standards with cross contamination of serving spoons and dishes.
10. A demand to pay for dinner drinks before being allowed breakfast rather than pay on check out like every other hotel I've ever stayed in.

It's very sad to see the decline in standards in this once fine hotel which in no way should have been awarded the 4 stars it apparently holds.

Reviewed 8 August 2022

This used to be a lovely hotel and it’s cashing in on previous guests Hilton experiences and still thinking this. The hotel is urgently requiring investment and refurbishment it doesn’t look like it’s been touched since the 80s. The decor is drab and dirty looking, carpets frayed, questionable smell about it, flaking paint everywhere I could go on and on. It’s fair enough if this is what they are marketing but the price you pay I expect a higher standard, they are charging for a 4 star hotel and it’s lucky if it’s a 2.

Even the drive in the potholes are ridiculous, the grounds look unkept, rubbish tips everywhere!! Just looks dirty from the off. Considering the fire risk in the summer in Aviemore you would think they would also instal some cigarette bins (especially at the exits the staff all smoke at) as I think I could have counted over 1000 cigarette butts lying all over the place.

Strict 4pm check in policy they don’t even let you check in at 3.50 without paying extra!!! This leads to about an hour wait at least to check in (the staff behind the counter deserve a medal)

The swimming pool looked ok but considering the state of the rest of the place I would not have faith the water is checked and treated properly.

The hot water went off Sat am , this obv course cannot be helped sometimes however in this hotel I’m pretty sure you can say it’s down to lack of investment , maintenance and fixing issues correctly and paying the cash it requires to be upkept.

It does have a few good points:

Staff all really friendly and doing their best, only so much you can do if the place is falling apart around you.

Nice tiny bar area , seems new

Play park was great

Fabulous location

Take your well earned money and spend it elsewhere. I personally won’t be back here

Reviewed 8 August 2022

Positive points first- great location, good breakfast and activities available.

Negatives- 1. On arrival there was a huge queue at check in. Took over 30 minutes.
2. Room carpet badly stained.
3. No hot water on Sunday morning.

I think the condition of this hotel has Deteriorated significantly since my last visit (9 years ago).

Reviewed 7 August 2022 via mobile

Never in the way of leaving a negative review, however after a cheeky comment from a man working at reception this morning I feel have to write this.

Water was stone cold this morning so unable to have a shower. Phoned reception and was told “engineers are working on it”. Upon checking out the man just told us to drop our key. I said it was disappointing we were unable to use any hot water and would there be any refund for this. He replied “nah not really, it’s just one of those things is it?” then proceeded to describe the fault etc.
I said “I know but it’s not really the best that we haven’t been able to have a shower?”
His response “Well I haven’t been able to have a shower? And neither have the staff!”

Totally shocked at this response, staff are not paying guests.

The buffet food was overpriced and we had to hunt someone down to get a drink near the end of our meal. When I was in the main toilets beside reception with my young son, one of the taps near us exploded, spraying boiling water everywhere and flooding the floor. I told reception and they said maintenance would get to it. Would have been a very different story if my 4 year old was standing in front of it and burned his entire body.

Black grime under all the taps in the toilets and paint flicked off on all the walls.

Only visited this hotel as have fond family memories from my childhood here but disappointed to bring my own family. Fun house okay but only one of the mini golf courses open. Majority of arcade games not working properly or “out of order” signs on.

Swimming pool tired and no changing room cubicles. Sauna out of order. Chute not operating.

Arrived early in the day but told “strict 4pm check in” so had to queue for ages at 4pm as if it was the airport.

Wouldn’t recommend or return.

Room tip: Have to queue for a long time to get checked in after 4pm. Run down tired hotel. Minimum staff. Overpriced buffed