Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$94
Expedia.comUS$101
Hotels.comUS$101
TravelocityUS$101
eDreamsUS$89
CheapTicketsUS$101
1,074 results
All reviews opposite the train station family meal non residents visit aviemore pudding evening meal waiting staff stayed here for one night breakfast was excellent no lift double room comfy bed cairngorm turret piper highlands
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 November 2021

we go every year here,but it was not a pleasnt stay.the room we got given was a view of a dirty roof.kids in the main bar was not a nice experience.inadequate seating also in bar area.used to love coming here doubt we will return.

2  Thank PaulW4925
Reviewed 17 November 2021

We stayed at the hotel for 2 nights. We had breakfast, lunch & dinner there & couldnt fault anything. I have read other reviews & there seems to be long waiting times for tables but we never experienced this. In my eyes it's great a local hotel is so busy & perhaps a little bit of patience wouldnt be too much to ask. Room was clean & spacious & the bathroom was lovely. Staff were clearly busy all the time but nothing was too much trouble & they were all very friendly & pleasant. Excellent stay. We will definitely be back.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2021

I came to the Cairngorm Hotel with high expectations after reading Tripadvisor reviews. However, I was left disappointed. On arrival, there were no parking spaces available, despite being quite a large car park. I had to drive around Aviemore for around 30 minutes before a space opposite the hotel became available...which, luckily, was free. It's a popular hotel, and town in general, so perhaps this was understandable. Advice on alternative parking on the website would be useful though.

After finally arriving in the hotel, I waited to check in for around 5 minutes while the member of staff on reception had a chat with a local / regular hotel guest...not great. Luckily, on arrival in my room, I can say it was lovely. Cosy, traditional and very clean. It was around 6:00pm, so enquired about a table in the restaurant - I was able to get a seat almost immediately. However, it was a different story the next evening. After a long day exploring the area, I was hoping to arrive back to the hotel to get a table in the restaurant... exactly the reason I booked this type of hotel. After enquiring, I was told there was a two hour wait...for one person!! Absolutely ridiculous! As others have said, the fact hotel guests cannot book a table is madness. Ultimately, I had to accept a 2 hour wait. I wasn't prepared to settle for a sandwich from the local M&S, as another reviewer had to do! I must admit I was aware of this policy before visiting, but I did not expect such a long wait.

Finally, after having my meal, I was hoping for a beer in the bar, but it seems to be incredibly busy every evening. This was a Sunday evening...and there isn't exactly the best crowd in there. Lots of shouting and chanting, which I could hear from my room into the night. No idea what was going on, as those individuals eventually carried on making noise outside the hotel until 1:00am. I'm perfectly happy with background noise overnight, and I knew my room was above the room...but what customers is the bar trying to attract?!

All in all, I won't be staying again, but if you are prepared to put up with the issues I've highlighted, the rooms might be worth the stay. As I say, they are lovely, and good value.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank PThomas1985
Reviewed 14 November 2021 via mobile

Great location, very friendly and helpful staff, clean and comfortable small double room at back of hotel, really good food in the restaurant and great breakfast. A bit of attention to the fact we were on our honeymoon would have been a nice touch. Would stay here again but in a standard double room rather than a small one, which would have been OK for one night but turned out to be a bit too cosy over 4 nights.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 November 2021

A busy hotel which wasn't just open for guests staying but for locals too. Just what you would imagine for a Scottish highland stay, with top to toe tartan interiors. A good location but limited on site parking.
We were in room 103, which is situated above the bar. If you like an early night then I would recommend to request a room on a higher floor. Clean and comfy though and we actually went down to the live entertainment when we heard the singer start. If you can't beat them join them kind of attitude and was a really fun night.
We had an evening meal, which was delicious. Again busy though, so we were lucky to get in. Note priority doesn't seem to be given to hotel guests as we still had an hours wait to eat.
Breakfast wasn't as good but still satisfactory with a good choice on the menu.
Check out is 11am so allows you the time to lie in or pop to the shops.

Room tip: Perhaps avoid the first floor rooms if you don't want to hear the evenings entertainment.