“very good vegan burger”
Review of Nicky Tam's

Nicky Tam's
Reserve with OpenTable
Nicky Tam's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 269 Restaurants in Inverness
Price range: US$7 - US$43
Description: Our in house bar restaurant - Nicky Tam's - offers a relaxed and casual atmosphere with a menu serving traditional Scottish food with the finest local produce, ales and premium spirits... While we have a wide choice of wine by the glass, cocktails, a selection of 80 pure malt whisky and more than 10 Scottish gin... Nicky tam's also offers all the favourite classics such as Steak Pie, Haggis, Burgers,
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I liked this restaurant and I was impressed by the quality of the food. My partner is vegan and really enjoyed her vegan burger and had to check with the waitress to ensure it wasn't real meat! Other vegan options are available if you give the chef notice. I would recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Dining with an Itison voucher as part of a two night stay and given the choice of a £15 allowance per person or a set menu, which we went for.

Basic no-frills food which I found disappointing. Perhaps had my choice of vegetable hot pot been available my opinion would be different. The vegetable lasagna wasn’t up to much and the garlic flat breads were overdone and therefore very dry.
My dessert pastry was rock hard so I ate the filling and scattered crumble only.

Other diners seemed to enjoy their full-price meals which certainly looked far more appealing in regards to presentation.

Three members of staff serving, one of them very friendly, the other two coldly efficient.

Friendly waiter was happy to give us a wee jug of fresh milk to take upstairs for our bedtime cuppa and that was greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

Excellent prompt service; Tasty food; Pleasant staff; Pleasant location; Wide range of choice; Healthy food;

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

I’d say 3.5 stars. Food was fine, staff were lovely, surroundings are super cosy; warm wooden interiors, charming pictures and cloth napkins. However when you pay £14 for a main course you don’t expect pub pub. This was home cooked dinners heated up in the microwave. This is just like a Wetherspoons alas it doesn’t have the prices of one!

1  Thank misspickle
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Booked a table for 2. There was a normal menu and a specials menu with I think
4 mains on it, 2 steaks a pork steak and a Thai curry, but even at 7pm there was no curry. There was supposed to be a fish special which also was not listed. The normal was hummus was also off and we were offered a beetroot version instead which wasn’t particularly nice. Veg hot pot was also off the menu so not a huge choice left. We went for a burger which was good and fish and chips which was also good.
Not bad for the money but having limited choices at 7pm on a Saturday suggests poor planning.

2  Thank Duncrieviedude