1,485 results
All reviews free movies free pool table reception bar modern hotel large tv train station central location business trip walk in shower one night stay would stay again toiletries
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My partner and I stay here in late August, before return to Edinburgh for a flight home. When we check-in, the reception is very very loud. We can see there is a DJ in the lobby and people dancing. The man who check us in has no hair but does have facial hair. He is quite polite. The room was small and a bit smelly. Tried to call reception I think more than ten times, but nobody answer so give up and stay in this room. We go down to reception to go out for a walk, and this same man who check us in is drinking at table beside reception. Maybe he is finished his shift, but I can't see more staff. When we come back from the walk, the same man is at reception talking with a guest (finished or not? I don't know). I mention to him that I try to call reception many times and he apologise, but really do seem like drunk. Hard to see who is working here because all staff wearing different. No professional staff, and bad smell in room. Will not go back.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NicolaVez
ZsoltJ68, General Manager at pentahotel Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

thank you for highlighting the above issues, we are looking into these now.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This must be the worst hotel I have ever stay in cabels hanging down on top of the heater . But not that it matters as their was only one electrical socket working in the room . The bathroom was smelling of Dampness . I think it’s a disgrace The money they charge for the rooms . It also take 10 to 15 min to get served at the bar as their checking people in and only one member of staff on

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear guest,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel and I'm sorry to hear your stay was not an enjoyable one. We strive to provide our guests with the very best customer service and whilst we are by no means perfect we do work hard to improve and respond to any feedback, good or bad. I will be sure to pass your comments to our team and I do hope that if you would like to discuss this with me personally you would contact our hotel directly. I do hope you will accept our apologies for the issues you encountered and I hope you will consider our hotel again in the future.

Zsolt

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a lovely time in Inverness and stayed in a great hotel and the staff were very attentive and friendly. The rooms were very comfortable and spotless clean .Will definitely be back later this year

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest,

we are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and very much appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are very proud of our hard working team and we continue to look for new ways to improve our service for our guests. We do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 11 September 2018

Solid accommodation in a central location in Inverness. Staff is confused/all over the place (got the wrong key to parking lot assigned; first night lights were out etc.). Rooms are ok'ish standard, overpriced.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank mavrah928436
ZsoltJ68, General Manager at pentahotel Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you for your feedback and apologies for the mix up with the car park locker key!

See you again soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Hotel decor was modern and interesting. Room was really good. It was clean and airy.
However the hairdryer by the long mirror in our room would not function.
The afternoon/evening staff at the bar/reception were exceptional. They were friendly, helpful, efficient and nice to be around. If we needed something, nothing was too much trouble. They seemed to be on the move constantly working and seeing to people's needs.

However on the downside the morning/breakfast staff (apart from the chef who was good) were the exact opposite to the afternoon/evening staff. They were inefficient as they didn't check the breakfast buffet on a regular basis which meant that we had to inform them that there were no eggs available when we arrived at around 9.30 am. Once informed, the girl forgot to pass the information to the kitchen as she was too busy talking with her colleague and as a consequence we had to ask again and wait 20 mins for eggs. This was the start of a poor breakfast experience.
In the meantime I decided to have cereal but there were no bowls at the buffet. I had to ask once more and wait.
Due to the wait for eggs we only started eating our cooked breakfast at around 9.50 am. The food was really good and we appreciated the quality. However at around 10.05 am when I went to make us tea and get some rolls with jam I found that the staff were already clearing the buffet area. We were not asked if we wanted anything else before they decided to do this!!!! I then had to ask for jam to be brought back. They had switched off the water heater so the water for tea was cold.
I was told that I could use the coffee machine's hot water instead, which I did. Then we had to order milk which had also been taken away!
This is not a way to run a breakfast buffet at all. If you state that breakfast is available until 10.00 am everything should be available up until that time. All breakfast staff should show more interest in their jobs.
You could cure this problem immediately by replacing the morning staff with the fantastic guys from the afternoon/evening shifts.

Room Tip: Due to the location most rooms have limited views of surrounding buildings so cannot offer any tips.

Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind feedback, we are pleased you had a nice stay and apologies for the less than perfect breakfast experience. We have already shared your comments with the team and will ensure that the service quality is the same in the morning :)

See you again soon.