US$210
US$341
US$138
  • Pool
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$172/night.

US$206
  • Bar/Lounge
US$180
US$152
Hotels.com
Parkhill Guest House(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$85
  • Bar/Lounge
US$102
PremierInn.com
US$377
    All reviewshot toastminutes walk awaybed was comfortablehigh streethome from homeb and byogurtthe riverkennyhost
    Reviewed 19 October 2014 via mobile

Very welcoming and friendly owner, in fact made our stay. Decor dated but pretty well kept. Had a great nights sleep. Breakfast hour was a bit early for us but was a fine breakfast. Parking was difficult but Inverness isn't great for parking anyway.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 8 October 2014

Location was great. Parking is very difficult. You can't check in until 4:30pm. Room was ok but really overpriced for what is was. We have stayed in many B&B's and feel that for what it was it should have been much lower price that is why I scored it poor rather than average. Breakfast was not great, we couldn't drink the coffee it was so bad and Kenny did not ask how we wanted our eggs. Lots of signs through out the B&B telling you what you could or could not do. Cleanliness was marginal. If you get a good price I would still not rule it out.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 3 September 2014

I loved staying at Kenny's bnb. It was a genuine experience. I loved his sense of humor. The rooms were just enough space and the breakfast was great. All the toast one could ever need. His dog Robbie was hilarious. I felt like we had a wonderful experience. I highly recommend it. The location was great. Just a moments walk from the central area. The shower was great pressure which was nice after a busy day of being in a car. Thanks again to Kenny for a memorable stay.

• Stayed: August 2014
    Reviewed 16 July 2014

It was a really good experience. The building and rooms are very cozy and comfortable.
    We were very welcome by Kenny, who was very nice with us.

The hotel is near the city center, like 10 minutes walking max and on the way you have plenty of restaurants and pubs. You also have supermarkets quite close in case you need to get something that you forgot! but the area is quiet, what's appreciated

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
    Reviewed 16 July 2014

I really love Kenny and Melrose Villa, it's authentically Scottish, it's quaint, twee, there's a stags head on the wall in the breakfast room and if Laura Ashley was an older scottish lady this is the B&B she would have created.

Yes it's true you can only check in between 4.30 and 8.30 but hey, that's not so bad, yes breakfast is strictly only 8-9am but Kenny makes the best scrambled eggs ever.

My room was petite but there was only be and my backpack, what more could I want.

Oh and a mention to Robbie the 10 year old deaf King Charles Cavalier spaniel who's as wide as he is long, he lives in a separate part of the house but was in the garden one day while I stayed, what a poppet!

If I was going back to Inverness on my own or with the kids I would have no hesitation in booking here again, I think Kenny has had a rough hand with previous reviews and it's time for that to change, he really couldn't have been lovelier.

The B&B is situated literally 5 minutes over the main bridge or 10 minutes walk from the train station and being a "Totie" city as they say in the Highlands it's so compact you can walk the whole place, in fact do walk Inverness, it's the most beautiful city I've stayed in. I'm writing a book about the 69 cities of the UK and Inverness is top of my list of Scottish cities without a doubt. Do go, do sail on the Jacobite cruises on Loch Ness and definitely go stay at the Melrose Villa, it's half the price of many of the other B&B's and it's full of Scottish charm.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo