Melrose Villa
US$127
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Lyndon Guest House(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$153
Agoda.com
All reviewshot toastminutes walk awaybed was comfortablehigh streethome from homeb and byogurtthe riverkennyhost
Reviewed 13 August 2017

The bed and breakfast really felt like a home. The owner was so nice and acted like a grandfather. It is an old house decorated with homey touches. My room was very nice and comfortable. The bed was comfortable. Each room has its own tea and coffee maker, along with biscuits and sweets. Although I was planning on paying for parking, the owner told me where to park my car (and when to move it) so that I could park for free. I like the location, which is not right in the middle of the center, but only a five minute walk away, so it was much quieter but still convenient. The breakfast was continental but there was a huge spread of fruits, breads, cheeses, yogurt, and cereals. The owner also served coffee or tea and toast. My only complaint was the wifi was not very good in my room. Overall, I loved it and would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Very dated but the landlord was helpful and funny. Lots of stairs to bedrooms. It was a lovely breakfast nice choice you helped your self. The shops were a short walk away nice places for dinner. It was sad you could not get into your room until after 4. We had to pay to leave our cases at the bus station they charge £4 each.Do not think I would go back there.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights here while we toured the highlands in the room with 3 twin beds.

The pros of this B&B would be the location. It was a quick walk to town which was a nice plus.

-while others complained the wifi did not work in their room, it worked in ours which was on the 2nd floor.

The cons:
-the beds were VERY uncomfortable. The springs were very noticeable when you laid down, and the sheets were rough. Our room severely needed new mattresses.

-we followed the instructions posted in the bathroom that towels placed in the shower were to be replaced. We came back at the end of the day to find our wet towels from the shower floor neatly hung and not replaced. Made us wonder what other short cuts had been taken.

-breakfast was fine, some cereals laid out with some meat and cheeses in packages. Along with some packaged rolls. Coffee was brought to each table in a French press, along with some wheat and white toast. Some fruit was available as well as juices.

Overall it was a place to stay, but we will not be returning anytime soon.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

When we arrived were greeted by a gentleman (I assume the owner) asking who booked the rooms? (We had booked 2 rooms for 5 of us, 4 adults and one 7 yr old) I said we both did as 2 separate reservations, he then told us that we obviously didn't read the page, stating that children under 12 were not allowed. I said, no I am sure it didn't state that on the site we booked on (Hotels.com), and he insisted that it did, and was rather rude and said "well, too late now." I later went back to check, not only does it not say that, it actually states that children under 8 stay free with an adult. The rooms were ok, small as expected, but the double bed was so old and uncomfortable that the springs were pushing through the last bit of material on the mattress left. The whole place needs some cleaning, upgrades and general maintenance. Breakfast was a nightmare, skip this! It was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen anyone present. He had a basket of cheese and meats in the packages and you were to open them and help yourself. Some of the meat and cheese were so old that there was actually mold growing on some of them. We checked out and marked that as the worst experience ever.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank CJM327
Reviewed 4 July 2017

A friendly greeting and a B and B that looked like home. The house was charming and looked as if it was well loved. My room for 1 was en suite and coffee facilities were in the room. The main road was a bit noisy but not a problem. The proprietor was helpful with directions to the town center which was only 5 minutes walk away. Breakfast was good. Hot toast and a pot of tea or coffee. Help yourself to cereal, fruit, cheese. Parking was an issue after 0800 but there was a system worked out so all was well. As the location was so good and the price was fair I think this was a great place to stay. If you are looking for room service a hotel would be a better option.

Room Tip: rooms away from the main street
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo